• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WON !! - BW LEGAL & LOWELLS SD delivered on my birthday scared stiff now.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WON !! - BW LEGAL & LOWELLS SD delivered on my birthday scared stiff now.

On Thursday after a great day at work as it was my birthday when homey daughter answered the door to a guy who asked former by my previous married name.

He told me he was delivering an envelope on behalf of BW Legal and left.

When i opened it, it was a statutory demand on behalf of Lowells for a total of £4694.33.

3 creditors

Lloyd's TSB - £2537.38
    Shop Direct Finance - £1441.80
    Vanquis Bank - £815.15

I am aware i owe alot in debt but these individually are alot larger than i remember.

I have today signed up to experian to check everything out. I can find all three of these listed but as lovell, Lloyd's bank also have it listed nut nothing is listed direct from shop Direct finance or vanquis.

I have basically buried my head and kept myself busy working and raising my family.

Very very scared please help.
    Tags: None

Re: BW LEGAL & LOWELLS SD delivered on my birthday scared stiff now.

Hi and welcome,please have a read of these 2 links if you have not already read them

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ands-READ-HERE

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...uccesses-forum

I am sure they will help you to feel a little more relaxed about your situation. You have got your head out of the sand now and help will be along soon.
    Enaid x

Comment

Happy Birthday for Thursday, sorry you got such a crappy pressie.

Right, don't be scared, it's sort outable, firstly have a read of this http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ands-READ-HERE

and send a CCA request for each of these debts separately to Lowells, each with a postal order of £1

Your name
      Your address
      Your address
      Your Postcode

DATE

Creditor Name
      Creditor Address
      Creditor Address
      Creditor Postcode

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account Number
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With reference to the above agreement, we would be grateful if you would send us a copy of this credit agreement.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), we are entitled to receive a legible copy of our credit agreement on request. We enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

We understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

NAME
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks do i send the letters to BW or lovells?

Does it have to be postal orders or could i send cheques?

Do i need to send letters registered or recorded delivery.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mississippi View Post
          Thanks do i send the letters to BW or lovells?

Does it have to be postal orders or could i send cheques?

Do i need to send letters registered or recorded delivery.

Thanks
          Recorded is a good idea so you can track delivery. Cheques are fine - the letters want to go to, and cheque made payable to, Lowells, as they are the 'creditor' having purchased the debt.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            Recorded is a good idea so you can track delivery. Cheques are fine - the letters want to go to, and cheque made payable to, Lowells, as they are the 'creditor' having purchased the debt.
            Thanks.

Comment

So they are still at it, even after the FCA's clear position on this?

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
                So they are still at it, even after the FCA's clear position on this?
                I'm sorry not sure what you mean.

Comment

Detailed rules for the FCA
                  regime for consumer credit

This instrument comes into force on 1 April 2014.

Proportionality

7.3.14 R (1) A firm must not take disproportionate action against a customer in
                  arrears or default.
                  [Note: paragraphs 7.14 (box) of ILG and 3.7t of DCG]

(2) In accordance with (1) a firm must not, in particular, apply to court for
                  an order for sale or submit a bankruptcy petition, without first having
                  fully explored any more proportionate options.
                  [Note: paragraph 7.14 (box) of ILG]

7.3.15 G A firm should not make undue, excessive or otherwise unfair use of statutory
                  demands (within the meaning of section 268 of the Insolvency Act 1986)
                  when seeking to recover a debt from a customer.
                  [Note: paragraphs 7.10 of ILG and 3.7n of DCG]
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Detailed rules for the FCA
                    regime for consumer credit

This instrument comes into force on 1 April 2014.

Proportionality

7.3.14 R (1) A firm must not take disproportionate action against a customer in
                    arrears or default.
                    [Note: paragraphs 7.14 (box) of ILG and 3.7t of DCG]

(2) In accordance with (1) a firm must not, in particular, apply to court for
                    an order for sale or submit a bankruptcy petition, without first having
                    fully explored any more proportionate options.
                    [Note: paragraph 7.14 (box) of ILG]

7.3.15 G A firm should not make undue, excessive or otherwise unfair use of statutory
                    demands (within the meaning of section 268 of the Insolvency Act 1986)
                    when seeking to recover a debt from a customer.
                    [Note: paragraphs 7.10 of ILG and 3.7n of DCG]
                    Ok from the little i understand they shouldn't have set me this then. So tomorrow i will send the 3 letters each with a £1 cheque requesting the CCA's.

Then what is my next step?

Comment

Ok from the little i understand they shouldn't have set me this then. So tomorrow i will send the 3 letters each with a £1 cheque requesting the CCA's.

Then what is my next step?
                      You should have a form 6.4 for a set aside which needs completing and returning within 18 days from service. However before doing that I would recommend giving Kate Briscoe a call at Howlett Clarkes as she is rather well practiced at dealing with these Stat Demands. Details are in the link I gave you earlier or http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...533#post386533

The CCA requests will really help with the set aside.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ok will do thanks.

Comment

Ok will do thanks.
                          Right letters requesting CCA have gone. When i get home i will give Kate Briscow a call.

Do i need to get the form 6.4 off the internet?

Thanks.

Comment

Right letters requesting CCA have gone. When i get home i will give Kate Briscow a call.

Do i need to get the form 6.4 off the internet?

Thanks.
                            You must apply to court to challenge it within 18 days (22 days or more if you were abroad when you got it).
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

You must apply to court to challenge it within 18 days (22 days or more if you were abroad when you got it).
                              Just had a long conversation with Kate bristoe, well what a lovely lady completely put my and at rest.

We need more like Kate in this country.

Thank you very much for putting me in touch with her.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X