• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Issued a Stat Demand against a Solicitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issued a Stat Demand against a Solicitor

Posted on behalf of new user;

> Hi I need help as in respect of a Statutory demand that I have issued to a solicitor as in respect an investment that was made in the year 2011,the Contract has fallen through and the deposit has not been returned.
    > The solicitor that have exchanged the Contract whom I am client has also not recovered the deposit,and I have instructed the Legal Ombud to rectify the problem,and the Sra to deal with the Vendor solicito..
    > The solicitor replied to me to set aside the Stat Demand with the Court hearing.
    >
    > I have contacted a solicitor and she replied that the Stat demand as the solicitor firm holds the deposit as stakeholder is just an agent and not the debtor.
    >
    > The solicitor dealing with the stat demand wishes to withdraw it and asked me 750.00 GBP and may I have to pay the expense.
    >
    > It is a sum that I cannot afford and not only from this investment I suffered a financial loss.I have now been asked to pay.
    > I have contacted the SRA and asked to deal with misconduct of the third party solicitor is still under under investigation but meantime I have to deal with the Stat demand and I am not sure which one is the best way as the solicitors fees are very high,and I am determined to get my deposit back and the appropriate fees.
    > Can you help please ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: Issued a Stat Demand against a Solicitor

Hi,

The Stat Demand you issued against the solicitor - how much was it for ?

What was the investment you took and who was that with ? Who was the contract between ?

The solicitor would be acting on behalf of his client, and sounds as though they hold the client money, but the actual company/person you bought the investment from would be the person the stat demand should be issued to, if that is an appropriate action to take in any case.

Think we need to know a bit more background xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Hi,

The Stat Demand you issued against the solicitor - how much was it for ?

What was the investment you took and who was that with ? Who was the contract between ?

The solicitor would be acting on behalf of his client, and sounds as though they hold the client money, but the actual company/person you bought the investment from would be the person the stat demand should be issued to, if that is an appropriate action to take in any case.

Think we need to know a bit more background xx
      The Stat Demand was for £4140.00 for the deposit and £2.520.00 including fees and different payments.
      It was an investment property based on 100 years leasehold,the Contract was with Tramor Estates Pcc Limited Cell A.

The solicitor firm hold the money as it is stated on the documentation sent to me last week.
      The deposit has not been returned,it should have been returned a long ago,there has been a professional negligence from both party but primarly from the Vendor solicitor.

I had a chat this morning from the solicitor that is dealing with this matter and asked me a fair amount of money to withdraw the Stat Demand,an amount that I do not have and I do not wish to pay as I should be the one claiming against them.
      I need advice as in respect of this matter as I do not want to be responsible also for their Cost and how to deal with this Stat Demand.

THANK YOU

Comment

Originally posted by maddy68 View Post
        The Stat Demand was for £4140.00 for the deposit and £2.520.00 including fees and different payments.
        It was an investment property based on 100 years leasehold,the Contract was with Tramor Estates Pcc Limited Cell A.

The solicitor firm hold the money as it is stated on the documentation sent to me last week.
        The deposit has not been returned,it should have been returned a long ago,there has been a professional negligence from both party but primarly from the Vendor solicitor.

I had a chat this morning from the solicitor that is dealing with this matter and asked me a fair amount of money to withdraw the Stat Demand,an amount that I do not have and I do not wish to pay as I should be the one claiming against them.
        I need advice as in respect of this matter as I do not want to be responsible also for their Cost and how to deal with this Stat Demand.

THANK YOU
        1st Who advised you to issue an SD against the solicitor? Also you don't have to pay anything as an SD can be left to wither on the vine If either the solicitor or you take no action it will drop out after 21 days. Assuming you never registered it with the High Court its just a piece of meaningless paper that you copied of the internet

Comment

Also have you sent to the debtor a formal written demand for repayment & if not why not?

Comment

Has the Solicitor now advising to take this action been charging for advice if so how much ?
            I expect they may have said if the SD becomes Bankruptcy action these fees will be paid by the debtor?

Comment

I can't see a solicitor advising the issuing of a SD against another solicitor

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X