• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bankruptcy fee to rise To £700

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankruptcy fee to rise To £700

The Insolvency Service has just issued an Amendment Order made by the Lord Chancellor and Secretary for Justice, that from the 1st June 2011 their fee will rise to £525 per person.

This means that a person wishing to petition for personal bankruptcy must now pay a total of £700 to be made bankrupt.

The fee from the 1st June 2011 will be made up of £175 for HM Courts Service and £525 for the Insolvency Service. Total to pay on the day of the debtors petition hearing £700.

The Insolvency Service has advised that the latest fee rise is fair as the debtors should pay more back to their creditors and be responsible for their debts.

However the fee rise has been widely criticized as last year the fee rose by £90 and now this year from the 1st June it rises by £75. A total of £165 in just 14 months and a rise of approx 46%

Here is a copy of the Amendment Order which is available to download on The Insolvency Service website at The Insolvency Service Website
    Tags: None

Re: Bankruptcy fee to rise To £700

I wonder if anyone can take me through the experience of all the steps from petitioning to the final stages in bankruptcy? I mean the real nitty gritty, nuts and bolts, bits and pieces, like how the receiver deals with accumulating, verifying details-assets and how far back in time in your life to chase up disposed items such as cars, motorbikes. I guess what I want to know is not the information readily available on bankruptcy. But what is in the receiver's mind and hence on his/her hit list- i.e., the data he hold on petitioner. Any help anyone?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X