• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bankrupt Possession order granted what can I do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankrupt Possession order granted what can I do

Hello, My father was declared bankrupt in his abscence last year (he has not been in the country for 18months). He has 2 properties and trustees were appointed last year and a few days ago they were granted possession which takes effect in 10 days time. I found a whole bunch of letters that my mother had not opened adresses to my Father. Can I pay the debts before they take possession or is it too late?
    Tags: None

Re: Bankrupt Possesion order granted what can I do

Hi

Really difficult to give you any clear answers based on what you have stated.

If the Trustees have reached the stage where they have gone to court and obtained possession orders then this case is a long way down the line (they will have more than likely obtained drive by valuations on the properties if all their correspondence has been previously been ignored).

Is your father aware of this yet? and has he given permission for you to take up enquires on his behalf?

Is your mother joint owner of any of the properties? (if so I would have thought she will have also received court papers addressed to her with regard to the possession hearings).

Is she currently living in one of the properties?

Is anyone living in the other property?

Approx how much equity is there in each property?

Are you talking about the possibility of the bankruptcy being annulled or being party to buying out any equity in the properties?

Have either you or your mother spoken to the trustees or spoken with an Independent Insolvency Practitioner not party to the actual Trustee in the case.

You need to gather as much information as possible and get immediate independent professional advice.
    Last edited by Latch Key Kid; 20th January 2011, 15:32:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X