• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Discharged bankrupt and dept payment plan, scotland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discharged bankrupt and dept payment plan, scotland

Im looking for some advice if possible. I am in scotland

My husband and myself have gone thru bankruptcy, trust deeds and debt payments plans since 2012.
    All debts were included, and hmrc were one of them.
    Now after 2017 wen trust deeds and plans were cleared and we were discharged, hmrc have come along after not hearing from them since 2016, they have arrested husbands wage and despite letters and proof i sent them, they just ignoring me and also the company who sent them a letter confirming that debt was in trust deed and they acting unlawfully, they are just not responding.
    the wage arrestment for £517 each month means we end up in anauthorised overdraft.

Can any help on how we can get hmrc to stop arrestment and accept the debt was in our trust deed please
    Tags: None

Hi POOCHIE

You are basically saying that your debt to HMRC has been paid and cleared in 2017. No monies is owed to them, but they have started taking £517 from your husband's salary. You need put everything in writing, write a Letter of Complaint, Explain the background, explain recent events, tell them if they need proof you have it and tell them what they need to do to put matters right.

Complain online, you'll have to register -

https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...ain-about-hmrc

Comment

Yes that is correct and i have already sent them proof and so has trust deed advisor ... but i will do as you suggest. Thankyou

Comment

Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Will do ... thankyou

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X