• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bankruptcy Transactions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankruptcy Transactions

Hi all,

New poster here sorry if I ask a question already been asked. But I have a few questions regarding what the Official Receiver looks at when looking at bank statements. I have a few transactions that I think they may question and I don't fancy getting hit with a bankruptcy offence for something I didn't even think has bad so thought I'd ask here:

(Details - I have about £35,000 of debt and on Universal Credit at the moment, live in a rented flat)

Firstly, my mother gave me some money (around £20,000) from inheritance in late 2019 to help me along a bit, but this was all swallowed up by living costs and of course by the debts at the start of the pandemic. I lived in central London at the time and lost my job in February 2020. That money is all gone now, but will they question where the money came from and why? Will they want to question my mother about this? Will they want my mother to help me pay off debts as well? I don't want them to have any contact with my family since it would kill them almost and it would break up our family for good, also, financially its nothing to do with them (these are all personal credit card debts, parents and family aren't guarantors or in any way associated with it).

Secondly, Im on Universal Credit, but I have done a small amount of freelance work, some of which I declared on the Universal Credit Website, others I didn't. Will they question or look at every penny I have or haven't declared to Universal Credit during this time?

Lastly, will they question what I spend my money on? For example, recently I started a new qualification in an attempt to upskill to get a job in the near future. Will they look at this? Also, do they log in to my online banking or do they just take copies of my bank statements? Do they talk to my banks at all for any reason?

Thanks for your answers everyone they're greatly appreciated!!

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X