• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Equita bailiffs Urgent help required!! please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Equita bailiffs Urgent help required!! please

wow , thats a lot to take in in one go, but its well worth it in the end, just to give them a bit of the upset theyve given me.
    i shall start downloading bamk statements to show the charges on the card
    that means i can write the letter about the van charges now as thats a separate matter to card charges?
    this money then goes off my bill so ill owe £130 less? or do they send a cheque? id rather it off the bill to be honest
    I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR THE ABOVE POST THAT IS AMAZING!
    MWAH!

Comment

I'll be keeping my beedy little eye on you, to make sure if you start this process you follow it through :tinysmile_aha_t:
      You know if you get stuck you only need ask.
      Enaid x

Comment

lol enaid!! im hoping to see u in june so u can kick my bum if im not!!
        but its def worth giving the hassle to the bailiffs !! yah for consumer wizards on this site!

Comment

due to my angry hate the world mood caused by natwest earlier.. i have sent the SAR off to equita...

Comment

today received a letter off another bailiff company called Jacobs asking for the full amount within 7 daysor they will be attending property with a view to seizing goods for sale by public auctionand charges added...
            I am still waiting for the SAR off equita about this account so am i right in thinking the account is in dispute and all the normal rules apply cos of it or is it different as its council tax bailiffs?

Comment

Is this the same debt?

Comment

yes it is the council have just passed it on to a different bailiff company

Comment

Re-read post #31.

Comment

the SAR for Equita runs out tomorrow and ive heard nothing... what can be done now? ive had nothing off them at all

Comment

Did you contact your card issuer and request a chargeback form as per post #45?

Comment

not yet as i was waiting for the SAR so i had proof they took only the £20 and not the £21

Comment

It's up to you which route you choose, but you have your statements showing you have been charged non-prescribed fees to pay via your debit card so all that is to be gained by waiting for your SAR request is the information relating to the fees applied.

However, if you went the chargeback route you would negate the need for that information as you could get all your money back because they have defrauded you.

When was the last time you paid and were charged?

Comment

Hi Archer

I hope you don't mind me popping in on your thread.. I have been reading it with much interest on behalf of my sister in law who has the same problem with bailiffs as yourself.

Her beef is with CCS Enforcement Services regarding their rather extortianate fees and who were acting for her local authority for a parking penalty charge notice/notice to owner.

She is now taking the Visa chargeback route and is waiting for a form to come through from her bank..one thing we didn't know, the bank have to put a stop on your current debit card and re-issue you with a new one. The reason for this is because you are disputing a transaction made on the card. Your new card will arrive between 7-10 days. My SIL thought this was a bit inconvenient, as she highly depends on her card to pay bills etc, but it had to be done nevertheless. I thought I would just let you know what to expect when/if you take the Visa chargeback route.

bfxx

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum

Comment

sorry been away for a bit, son got hit by a car then he got shingles and daughter has had a sickness bug.
                              soooo... "SAR" arrived
                              its a list of dates and actions taken.. with quite a few bits i dont agree on....so here goes...
                              25/02/08 first notice sent to defendant requesting payment
                              26/02/08 debtor found on electoral roll
                              03/03/08 case issued to levy bailiff for first call
                              06/03/08 spoke with cp offer £10-£15 per month.Adv not sufficient but to pay what and wehn can but action will continue
                              08/03/08 bailiff visited to meet with debtor to gain signed W/P to secure debt. Fee £24.50
                              10/03/08 follow up visit scheduled for out of hours call. fee £18
                              13/03/08 arrangement of £20 every 30 days first payment due 31/03/08.girobook letter sent
                              12/05/08 arrangement cancelled because debtor has broke agreed arrangement times
                              13/05/08 notice sent to charge-payer warning of enforcement
                              16/05/08 case issued to baillif david hunter to visit
                              19/05/08 spoke to debtor refer to bailiff
                              21/05/08 david hunter attended a semi detached house in poor condition with a yale type lock and a brown front door.our bailiffs reports nobody was present in property at time of call.left a notice of attendance.unable to confirm if defendant still resident with neighbours.attendance was at current address ae per david hunter.case was put on hold for 30 days until 20/06/08. levy fee:£43.enforcement fee:£120
                              22/05/08 giro payment received £40
                              23/05/08 taken off hold DH de allocated.David hunter re-attended the property.our bailiff reports nobody was presentin porperty at time of call.left an attendance notice.Unable to confirm if defendant still resident with neighbours.arrangement made for £20 every month,first payment due 31/05/08.giro book sent to defendant.arrangement of £20 every 30 days.first payment due on 31/05/08.girobook letter sent.ADD notes-CP rang sent £40 giro a week ago,says aunt is in hospital about to die and wants to resume arrangement.
                              27/05/08 correspondence received and scanned
                              30/05/08 giro payment of £20 received
                              02/06/08 arrange letter sent
                              30/06/08 spoke with cp card declined
                              03/07/08 giro payment of £20 received
                              04/08/08 credit/debit card payment of £21 received.fee £1
                              01/09/08 credit /debit card payment received£20
                              06/10/08 dc adv on fee
                              07/10/08 credit /debit card payment of £21 received.fee £1
                              06/11/08 spoke with cp advised making payment monday
                              10/11/08 credit /debit card payment of £21 received. fee £1
                              02/01/09 arrangement cancelled because debtor broke agreement terms
                              05/01/09 letter sent to debtor confirming action underway
                              12/01/09 credit/debit card payment of £26 received . fee £1
                              15/01/09 back dated benefit. john merchant.direct payment of £59.10 received
                              19/01/09 case issued to bailiff for enforcement visit
                              20/01/09 follow up letter sent to charge payer
                              30/01/09....due in full...advised to make regular payments til bailiff calls.advised no further arrangements as broken agreement with bailiff advised complaints address
                              02/02/09 24REMOVE letter sent. correspondence received and scanned
                              03/02/09 committal letter sent to defendantcorrespondence received and scanned
                              09/02/09 letter received passed to birmingham office
                              11/02/09 case issued to bailiff peter downing to visit corrspondence received and scanned
                              16/02/09 rec'd letter from cp is disputing debt and wants the case passed back to the council ALLOCATE letter sent
                              19/02/09 peter downing attended a semi detached house in poor condition with a blue mortice lock and a brown front door.our bailiff reports nobody was present in property at time of call,left a notice of attendance.unable to confirm if defendant is still resident with neighbours
                              24/02/09 letter received from charge payer 30/01/09 passed onto CF at head office correspondence received and scanned.correspondence received and scanned
                              26/02/09 correspondence received and scanned
                              27/02/09 letter received- complaint from debtor stating we are harrassing her. bailiff withdrawn.booked into achiever.case put on hold for 14 days until 13/03/09 for us.ACKNOW letter sent. correspondence received and scanned.
                              09/03/09 response issued to complaint received.
                              13/03/09 case taken off hold,because hold days expired
                              16/03/09 final bailiff call to remove goods
                              18/03/09 case issued to peter downing to visit
                              23/chase letter sent
                              25/03/09 peter downing attended a semi detached house in poor condition with a blue mortice lock and a brown front door.our bailiffs reports nobody was present in property at time of call,left a notice of attendance.unable to confirm if defendant still resident with neighbours . referred to bailiff. KC- dealing with complaint on behalf of CF. case put on hold for 2 days until 27/03/09 for us. case returned to client. returned letter sent. CP requests to know what costs have been added and what has been paid.

OK that took ages!!
                              not sure where to begin..08/03/08 bailiif visited... no he didnt and if he did he didnt leave a card.
                              the first giro book did not arrive so had to request another. i did tell them this on the phone and when book arrived i paid 2 months payment.
                              21/05/08 bailiff did leave calling card... house is not in disrepair though. its surrounded by a fence and roses... and the house itself is less than 20 yrs old.....
                              when i called on the 12/01/09 i told them i would pay the rest at the end of the month.. shortly after was sent a letter saying they would not take anything less than the full amount.. they have this down as being sent out the 30th jan but im sure i got it before then.they did not advise to carry on making payments as they refused to take anything less than the full amount. they said id taken too long too pay....
                              bailiff called 19/02/09..... i dont have a blue mortice lock, house is not in disrepair and all the houses in the grove have brown doors!!

ok that was long!!
                              anyone???

Comment

Well frankly, you have them over a barrel.

21.5.08 - They cannot charge a levy fee when no valid and signed Walking Possession Order exists. All they should be charging here is a second visit fee of £18, but they cannot as they have already charged for this on 10.3.08.

As this is a council tax debt the bailiff can only charge for a maximum of two visits - £24.50 for the first and £18 for the second. Even if they visit you every day for a year, they are only allowed to charge for a maximum of two visits.

As for the £1 added to your payments - this is an unprescribed fee. They have formally told you they have charged you this and you know what to do.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X