• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston final notice at my address after my brother's name, who never lived there

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marston final notice at my address after my brother's name, who never lived there

Hi kind users,

Would appreciate any help/advise in the following case:

My brother has used my address in the past apparently, but have never lived at my property. We are not on best terms, haven't heard him for months and can not contact him, he is just not answering. But he is in debts for something, not sure really, penalty charges or something and letters keep coming from Marston's enforcement officer, who keeps visiting my rented flat and posting removal notice letters. The last one from today is red and says Final notice and that he will be back on the weekend for goods removal. I called him and tried to explain I have nothing to do with this, no contact with my brother, he has just misused my address and want to make sure they stop those procedures, as I am the only one living at the property and only my name is on the tenancy agreement, but the guy kept saying he needs to come and have a look himself that there no goods belonging to my brother. I am not that dump right - if he enters the property he might decide to take my laptop or TV, I certainly don't have a receipt for each good at the property, not to mention that flat is rented, so furniture belongs to the landlord. What can I do to stop this and sort out the situation?

Thanks in advance.
    Gab
    Tags: None

Re: Marston final notice at my address after my brother's name, who never lived there

The bailiff will just ignore you. You need to contact the authority that issued the penalty charge and tell them the situation and tell them to call their dog off.

Comment

Re: Marston final notice at my address after my brother's name, who never lived there

Remember most bailiffs (sorry "enforcement officers") need both hands to wipe their fundament

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply and sorry for the stupid question, but how do i find out which one is the authority, that is behind. There is nothing on the letter itself.

Comment

Are there any reference numbers on the paperwork? A PCN number is usually 10 digits long. Call the TEC on 0300 123 1059 or 01604 619 450 with any details you have (if you believe this is a PCN!)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
            Are there any reference numbers on the paperwork? A PCN number is usually 10 digits long. Call the TEC on 0300 123 1059 or 01604 619 450 with any details you have (if you believe this is a PCN!)

Great, thank you so much. Will try that later today and keep you posted with the outcome.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X