• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Baliffs and high court sherrifs cant they take my partners belongings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baliffs and high court sherrifs cant they take my partners belongings?

I currently have a lot of debt which is solely in my name and was incurred before i met my new partner if a bailiff or high court sheriff comes to my home can they take things that my partner has bought owns and has receipts for?, i told her every time she buys something of value to make sure she gets a receipt so she can prove she owns it, is this the right thing to do?

Also i saw that high court sheriffs program last night and they seem to have alot more power than bailiffs so why don't these companies just employ high court sheriffs instead of bailiffs? or are High court sheriffs only used when it involves debts with companies bot just general credit debt?
    Tags: None

Re: Baliffs and high court sherrifs cant they take my partners belongings?

High Court Sheriffs act on the orders from a High Court Judge, so yes they do have more powers than a bog standard bailiff.
    As long as the debt is solely in your name, then goods owned by your partner, cannot lawfully be seized.
    You must provide evidence, that any goods belonging to a third party, you have proof of ownership.
    A receipt with your partners name on it, or other identifying data is required.
    Otherwise the Sheriffs will seize them, and can dispose of them to clear the debt.
    When the process of recovering a debt has failed through traditional collection and legal systems, the end result is a judgment of the court which will need to be enforced by a Sheriff, if the judgment debtor does not pay the amount due.
    “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Also court officers/sheriffs tend to be much more civilized than most bailiffs and don't mess with them as its a criminal offense to interfere with their duties

Comment

Also court officers/sheriffs tend to be much more civilized than most bailiffs and don't mess with them as its a criminal offense to interfere with their duties. ALSO they get paid a proper salary not commission AND many are ex-cops

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
          Also court officers/sheriffs tend to be much more civilized than most bailiffs and don't mess with them as its a criminal offense to interfere with their duties. ALSO they get paid a proper salary not commission AND many are ex-cops
          A bloody hermit is more civilised than most bailiffs.........
          “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Originally posted by Johnboy007 View Post
            A bloody hermit is more civilised than most bailiffs.........
            You get more sense from a rabid pitbull than many bailiffs

Comment

I also wanted to ask about trickery after havering received a CCJ on the ccj it says i have to pay x amount a month and i have to pay by the 3rd of every month it stated that my first payment should be received by the 3rd of may and than every 3rd day of the month there after.

So i have already paid 4 payments already but during this period i keep reviving letters of Bryan carter and co twice in fact stating that they have obtained a CCJ against me i have to pay x amount and the payments don't start until the 3rd of september is this a trick to make me to try and default? (it clearly stated when the CCJ was given that i had to start paying from the 3rd of may.

Comment

Originally posted by povertypimp View Post
                I also wanted to ask about trickery after havering received a CCJ on the ccj it says i have to pay x amount a month and i have to pay by the 3rd of every month it stated that my first payment should be received by the 3rd of may and than every 3rd day of the month there after.

So i have already paid 4 payments already but during this period i keep reviving letters of Bryan carter and co twice in fact stating that they have obtained a CCJ against me i have to pay x amount and the payments don't start until the 3rd of september is this a trick to make me to try and default? (it clearly stated when the CCJ was given that i had to start paying from the 3rd of may.
                Hi,
                Just carry on paying as you do now.
                Make sure that the CCJ Bryan carter claim to have now, is in fact the same CCJ that you are paying off.
                If it is, just bin their bloody letters.
                Keep on paying and you will be fine.

Comment

Don't bin the letters keep them in case BC try to issue proceedings THEN you can show any court how you have been treated by BC

Comment

One other thing you have to consider to prevent further enforcement action is that you must pay in clear funds by the 3rd of each month, essentially you should make payment by 28th of the previous month to allow for "banking" time.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                      One other thing you have to consider to prevent further enforcement action is that you must pay in clear funds by the 3rd of each month, essentially you should make payment by 28th of the previous month to allow for "banking" time.
                      Very good advice........:tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X