• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please collectica hmrc fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help please collectica hmrc fine

ok then back to the dvla for all the documents sent to the wrong address ask for copys and get confirmation from the post office of your request I was under the impression that when the car is lifted end of it have a scrap value of 150.00 this pays the agent
    strange one

Comment

I didn't claim any back once the car had been taken

Comment

A number of observations -

1. If DVLA knew the vehicle was currently taxed, the only offence possible is Failure to Display A Valid Vehicle Excise Licence;
        2. Once a motor insurer informs a policyholder of their intention to declare a vehicle a Total Loss (Write-Off), make an offer and the policyholder accepts the offer, salvage of the vehicle then rests with the motor insurer and they then own the wreck;
        3. This sounds like a cock-up by bungling DVLA contractors and staff.

Could you confirm if the insurer had sent you notification they were writing-off the car, made an offer, you accepted the offer and they asked for the keys and V5C?
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I was third party fire and theft so wasn't claiming on my insurance had someone to look at and would have cost more than the car was worth to repair so I parked car on grass verge outside my dad's house and arranges for scrap to collect
          I will contact dvla tomorrow and find out exactly what they initial offence was
          Then do I approach the courts .. do I just ignore bailiff ??

Comment

A few questions -

1. Who declared the vehicle a Total Loss?
            2. Does the grass verge outside your dad's house form part of the public highway or is it part of your dad's home and, therefore, private land?
            3. Why did DVLA contractor remove the car when it would have shown on DVLA records as currently taxed?

If the DVLA contractor removed the car and the vehicle was showing on DVLA records as currently taxed, the removal was not only unlawful, but illegal, also.

As for claiming back any unexpired tax, you would do well to photograph the disc and send the photograph to DVLA with a covering letter, informing them of theirs and their contractors' unlawful actions. I suspect they will try and bluff their way out of it, in which case, get your MP involved. I would also let Collectica know
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Grass verge, no tax disc, the DVLA contractors would take it anyway and hope for the beat. Seen them try to take vehicles from a garage forecourt before now. If the tax was current at the time the wreck was taken then DVLA Contractors were out of order,

Comment

Was the car taxed on the day it was removed?

Was the tax disc in the car?

Was the refund made for unused tax?

These answers must be crucial in this case

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X