• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Equita Bailiff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equita Bailiff

Hi

Could you please help me?

I have just had an Equita Bailiff at my door for a Parking matter now subject to a Distress Warrant from my council.

This is quite an old matter which I had hoped it had gone away.

Original amount 82.00 now with the following costs:

Compliance fee £87.84
    Enforcement Fee £235.00
    Total £404.84

I think I know how to deal with the bailiff but these charges are more outrageous that anything I have seen before.

Birdman

Re: Equita Bailiff

The law for bailiffs / EA fees changed on April 6th. The process is set out well in the CAB Guidance (LINK) so have a read. If anything doesn't make sense then post back. I'm unsure why the Compliance Stage fee is not £75. Even if they'd tried to charge VAT or something the extra amount makes little sense.

Read it carefully and make sure procedure has been followed correctly. In brief you should have had a notice the court order had been made. After 21 days the court can instruct bailiffs - £75 immediately becomes payable in fees at this point. The bailiffs should then give you 7 CLEAR days between the compliance and enforcement stage to negotiate some sort of repayment plan or settle the debt.

Check it through and post up any discrepancies.

Comment

The only thing that I see wrong with what's happening is the Compliance fee, which should be £75, no less, no more.

Outrageous fees?????:tinysmile_aha_t:

Have you seen the state of the Government's coffers?
      The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

Government Coffers ???????/
        When did we elect Equita to rule us Sir Vere?

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

The offence was pre April 6th. does that have any impact.

Birdman

Comment

No, depends when enforcement commenced and if that spans April 6 then you may be subject to the Transitional Rules - do you have dates when all this commenced.

Comment

I cannot find the offence date.

I have a letter dated 15.04.14 telling me that a distress warrant had been issued. This was from Equita.

Meaning from receiving the warrant instructing bailiffs must have taken a while.

The new fees are an outrage and must be counter productive eventually.

Birdman

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post

This is quite an old matter which I had hoped it had gone away.
                If you were hoping it was not going to be chased up you are now finding out the hard way what happens when you ignore it. Is there a reason why you did not pay when you first got the ticket - I'm working on the assumption you knew there was a ticket?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X