• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rosendales

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosendales

I appreciate if this has previously been asked but new to this forum. Long story short, I received a parking ticket ( it blew off the windscreen ) in Hunstanton last May, I was silly enough not to challenge it and forgot to pay the parking fine which then was taken to court etc , after Christmas bailiffs letters through the door demanding fine court costs, there costs etc. I didn't contact the bailiff and am aware of how to deal with them. At the end of January after another visit (ignored) I went on line and paid the 95.00 fine which was the fine and court costs. No further visits from bailiff and I thought matter closed, until last week he turned up with a later through the door demanding payment and parking fine . My partner contacted Norfolk council twice to be told debt is paid etc. I am aware that the bailiffs can chase for their fees, however they turned up today and didn't believe it had been paid, he went to his car came back and said their fees were required and I can set up a payment plan. My partner dealt with it and refused to give my details etc, and left it saying that the bailiffs would charge more for visits etc and that they would write to me next week- this is 3 months after debt paid

the warrant of execution must be cancelled as council said matter closed. They have also threatened to take my partners car, not mine the bailiff also said it could go to another bailiff and add their own charges etc. their disproportionate charges were challenged etc (400) so can I stand this out with them, am not worried but for a 30 minute period each day my 14 daughter is home alone and wouldn't want them to turn up when she is on her own

sorry it's long winded!
    Tags: None

Re: Rosendales

Email them..

Tell them what the bailiff is doing, Spout the law at that,

I had an issue with Rossendales last year with a 9 year old council tax bill, they came and demanded ridiculous amounts of money, after a few strong worded emails to them uoting various laws they backed down

Good luck

Comment

The last letter date 23/04 stated they would remove my partners car, the bailiff never mentioned it today, I just can't see where they can go with this other than lodging their own proceedings, council accepted the fine payment ! Not quite sure what the legislation is

thanks

Comment

The EA is asking to have the imprint of a Size 12 boot on their buttocks. Seizing or attempting to seize third party goods, knowing the goods belong to a third party, is serious. If the EA is stupid enough to claim or insist he can seize and remove it, make sure you record them saying it as this can be used to hang them. Make sure the council know about it as they were the ones who hired Rossendales and, until any lawful fees are paid, if lawfully due, remain vicariously-liable for everything they do.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X