• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rossendales balliffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rossendales balliffs

Hi iv had a visit today from a balliff from rossendales they posted a letter which I will include in this stating that they want a £300 payment and to arrange a payment plan and that my bill has gne from £450.00 to £750 as theyv added costs to it? Iv also recieved a letter saying that they are gna refer the account bk to the council tax office and advice them to take me to court for committal to be sent to prison because iv apparantly refused to pay?

i have on numerous occasions rang up and tried to set up a payment plan but they just demanded the amount in full or said the bailiff it was assigned to is still in charge of the account?
    the balliff that was in charge of the account recieved a lump sum of me but wanted the rest (450) within a week of bein givin £600 I explained I couldn't do that but could afford to pay half then n the rest in 3 wks he refused that option and started to threaten to empty my house stayin he was 12 mins away and to b ready , he never showed up but continued to laugh n threaten to empty my house unless I payed in full in phone callsand also txt msgs? I txt him bk sayin that I am not refusing to pay but I can't afford to pay it all at once but would b willing to pay instalments n wen he can be professional about the job he does get in contact to arrange payment?
    He never responded and put charges on top

can anyone help me
    im desperate
    Tags: None

Re: Rossendales balliffs

These are the letters iv recieved
    Attached Files

Comment

First thing, do not worry about the threats of prison, they are only used in very extreme cases when a debtor refuses to pay. You have shown a willingness to pay.

Can you remember when the bailiff visited? You seem to be saying that he has come to your property on two separate occasions. Can you remember when these visits took place? even a rough guess may help.

Do not let this person into your house under any circumstances. You are not obliged to do so. Do you have a car outside?

Comment

The letter regarding committal to prison was posted in the post to me and the other was today? My partner is in the car?
        iv rang them loads of times the office staff say they can't set n e thin up with me because the baliff has my case n when I ring the baliff to sort anything he just laughs and threatens me?
        i have two desperate cases I was making regular monthly payments of £150 but I failed to make a payment as my phone and internet were broke wen I got the fixed they said I had to pay the balance in full and no payment plan could be re set up

Comment

Sorry for all the questions, is your partner the registered keeper of the car? are you on the insurance policy, Is he the legal owner? Can he prove that he owns it?

Also, if you live together, is the liability order just in your name? was the council tax bill in your name only?

Comment

The cars in my name and there's me my partner and 1 other on the insurance and the liability is just in my name

Comment

Right-Your car is at risk. The first thing you must do, is never park it near your house, park it a good 5 mins away. If you have a friend with their own drive, this would be ideal because they cannot remove from private land.

You need to write a formal complaint to the council asap. Head it to the CEO & send a copy to Rossendales.

Advise the council that you have been paying regularly towards these arrears in order to pay off your debts. You recently ran into financial problems resulting in both your phone and internet being cut off. You have missed 1 months payment & now Rossendales are demanding payment in full. You have tried to discuss the matter with Rossendales but they keep referring you to their EA who is dealing with your case. This has lead to a breakdown in communications at times.

Remind them that section 4.4 of the Guidance to Local Councils on Good Practice in the Collection of Council Tax Arrears published by the Department for Communities and Local Government states that authorities should ensure that bailiffs do not enter into punative arrangements with bill payers. You are quite happy to continue with the previous repayment plan but do not have the money to pay off the debt in full.

Advise the council that you will not be allowing anyone from Rossendales access to your home and you shall not be entering into a controlled goods agreement with them. Request that recovery action is placed on hold whilst this matter is investigated. Repeat that you are prepared to continue with the old agreement and should this be acceptable, could the council or its agents please notify you in writing.

Watch where you park the car & NEVER let them into your house-Don't open your door if you know its them & slam it shut if you open it & find its them.

Comment

On top of the advice that you have been given I would make a complaint via your local Councillor(s) about the "Committal Letter". To me this is intimidation & harrasment from the Bailiffs. Makes me wonder if the Council realise what their Enforcement Agents are doing in their name.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                  On top of the advice that you have been given I would make a complaint via your local Councillor(s) about the "Committal Letter". To me this is intimidation & harrasment from the Bailiffs. Makes me wonder if the Council realise what their Enforcement Agents are doing in their name.
                  If B & S are going to let their EAs behave in such a foolish manner, is it any wonder they are referred to as Brainless and Stupid?

One matter than does cause me concern and which needs to be brought to the attention of the OP's ward councillors and MP is the threat of B & S to allege to the local authority that the OP is refusing to pay their CT arrears when the OP has done nothing of the sort. Whilst B & S may feel that is legitimate, my suspicion is that it is far from legitimate. Such threats have a habit of turning round and biting those who made them on the bum.
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X