• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

marstons, ex, recollecting fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marstons, ex, recollecting fees

Hi, this is my 1st post and I need desperate help as cab are constantly busy.background:
    Ex left in june 2013 so am a single mum of 3 children one with asd. Tenancy, council tax etc all in my sole name.
    after ex left he received must have received a fine for unpaid tv licence to my address for a time before he left. Obviously both unaware until bailiff note came through my door. Contacted ex and marstons customer care. Marstons told me not a problem just show the bailiff my councilbtax bill. 2 days later bailiffs at the door show them and basically call me a liar and threaten to report me to local authority (fine do as you please).
    In the meantime ex has contacted poole magistrates explain they accept that he didnt receive paperwork and accept payment over the phone for the fine amount not including bailiff fees. Court were satisfied that fine had been paid

fast forward to 3 months later (yesterday) final notice bailiff letter for the bailiff fees (300pd) for my ex. Despite me proving that he is not here. Was not marked when he would return just saying that unless full payment is made goods will be removed for public auction and if paymentIis not made substansial costs will be added.
    contancted poole magistrates fine office and spoke to an awful mr haddow. Who said the distress warrant is for my house, I should let the bailiff in (and that he has every right to do so) to prove my ex is not here and do a walking posession order. I pointed out im a single mum with a daughter with autism so will not be letting anyone in to which he said so what if she has a problem put her somewhere else while you deal with the bailiff. I am in tears dreading leaving the flat incase I find a bailiff and locksmith but dont want to be here while my daughter is at home.

I just want to reitterate the court fine was in my ex's name and was paid in full to the court this is just for fees.
    Tags: None

Re: marstons, ex, recollecting fees

Originally posted by 3and1 View Post
    Hi, this is my 1st post and I need desperate help as cab are constantly busy.background:
    Ex left in june 2013 so am a single mum of 3 children one with asd. Tenancy, council tax etc all in my sole name.
    after ex left he received must have received a fine for unpaid tv licence to my address for a time before he left. Obviously both unaware until bailiff note came through my door. Contacted ex and marstons customer care. Marstons told me not a problem just show the bailiff my councilbtax bill. 2 days later bailiffs at the door show them and basically call me a liar and threaten to report me to local authority (fine do as you please).
    In the meantime ex has contacted poole magistrates explain they accept that he didnt receive paperwork and accept payment over the phone for the fine amount not including bailiff fees. Court were satisfied that fine had been paid

fast forward to 3 months later (yesterday) final notice bailiff letter for the bailiff fees (300pd) for my ex. Despite me proving that he is not here. Was not marked when he would return just saying that unless full payment is made goods will be removed for public auction and if paymentIis not made substansial costs will be added.
    contancted poole magistrates fine office and spoke to an awful mr haddow. Who said the distress warrant is for my house, I should let the bailiff in (and that he has every right to do so) to prove my ex is not here and do a walking posession order. ON what it isn't your debt and the penypidyn knows it is in the name of the debtor so the bailiff has no right to do a walkingpossession on your goods for anothers debt I pointed out im a single mum with a daughter with autism so will not be letting anyone in to which he said so what if she has a problem put her somewhere else while you deal with the bailiff. This will most likely render you vulnerable under the National Standards, and the bailiff should withdraw, send proof of the Autism to the cretionous MR Haddow and his motley crew I am in tears dreading leaving the flat incase I find a bailiff and locksmith but dont want to be here while my daughter is at home.

I just want to reitterate the court fine was in my ex's name and was paid in full to the court this is just for fees.
    If the fine is in the name of your ex and they are non resident then the bailiff is on thin ice trying to make you pay. A complaint to the court manager or even the HMCS Area team would be in order as the fine is paid it is not in your name, theerfore the bailiff has no right in law to demand a Scottish Groat, or a rotten kipper from you for that matter.

I would complain to the couirt and keep the bailioff out, in fact call the police, or film him through the letterbox to capture his threats even with a mobile phone.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      So I do not have to answer the door to him and he cannot force entry?
      I could not open the door to mr hughes as he would find my daughter screaming and throwing things at him for knocking unannounced , there is a notice warning to not knock unannounced in my front room window.

Once I have calmed down there will be complaints a plenty am just concerned for the immediate threats.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
        So I do not have to answer the door to him and he cannot force entry?
        I could not open the door to mr hughes as he would find my daughter screaming and throwing things at him for knocking unannounced , there is a notice warning to not knock unannounced in my front room window.

Once I have calmed down there will be complaints a plenty am just concerned for the immediate threats.
        Send evidence to the court of the autism, tell them you are not letting the bailiff in, and that you will be swearing a Statutory declaration as to his non residence, and that no goods there belong to him

He cannot force entry at will he must get permission from the court, as there is doubt that the debtor is resident they would be very silly indeed as would the bailiff to forcxe entry whilst proof is being provided.

Hopefully bluebottle will look in infact I will PM him.

Comment

Your ex is liable for any fees, if lawfully due, not you.

Apart from this Mr Haddow and the bailiff both being Trans World Airlines Teadrinkers, you need to speak to the Court Manager first thing tomorrow morning without fail. I would also lodge a complaint with Marstons. This email address is for their CEO - gareth.hughes@marstongroup.co.uk

If and only if you get no joy from the Court Manager, should you escalate the matter to the HMCTS Area Enforcement Team who are also based at Poole and are at a higher level than court staff.

Their email address is do-pooleenforcement@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk . Put "For attn. of Senior Enforcement Manager or Service Delivery Manager" in the subject box of your email browser. Be concise in explaining things to them and provide contact telephone numbers.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

contancted poole magistrates fine office and spoke to an awful mr haddow. Who said the distress warrant is for my house, I should let the bailiff in (and that he has every right to do so) to prove my ex is not here and do a walking posession order. I pointed out im a single mum with a daughter with autism so will not be letting anyone in to which he said so what if she has a problem put her somewhere else while you deal with the bailiff. I am in tears dreading leaving the flat incase I find a bailiff and locksmith but dont want to be here while my daughter is at home.

Hi 3 in 1.....forgive the pun but it does remind me to get som WD40 for my ageing Land Rover.

Part 1. Mr Haddon needs to be reported to the Court Manager for being an outright nincumpoop and a know it all little fascist who deserves a ton of outhouse containment dumped on him....obviously your letter sent first class recorded delivery will be slightly more civilized.

Part 2: Write/email (better) Marston their customer care department: customercare@marstongroup.co.uk tell them about the discussion you had with the operator and the date/time you spoke to the person and enquire why has "this thug" (please DO use this wording) has visited your property and insulted you, threatening to do all sort of things to you and your children.

Rule number 2/1: do not panic!

Rule number 2/2: if the bailiff turns up again (do not allow him inside your property) have the following ready:

2a) Council Tax Bill (possinly a copy for him/her to take away)
            2b) Ex's address or telephone number (best if both)

Rule number 2/2a: (Not to be followed, but me just being mischevious) Ask the bailiff who is he looking for, he will say Mr A. Defaulter, flash him your boobs and ask him if you look like a Mr!

The goon who's turned up at your door should have read the notes on the system, knocked on your door poitely and just made sure that your ex does not live there anymore and returned to Warrant to Court....That is what a proper, law abiding bailiff should do.

Seems to me that another marston "bailiff" is going to loose their certificate.

The "NEW RULES" have been introduced to make it easier for Enforcement Agents to collect unpaid debts, but at the same time it has set down strict rules on how to go about it.

It is not a just an "advisory" code of conduct, it's "legal Procedures"
            The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

Thank you.
              Will contact them before work, sorry to be a pain but would the court manager be contactable via the general enquiries line or the fines office?
              How amusing how mr hughes was also the ea that dropped the letter for marstons.

Comment

Sir vb.
                I gave them my council tax bill and ex's number back in january.
                Opening the door is not an option as mr hughes would have a transformer thrown at him, despite how amusing that would be, can see the legalities beimg an issue.

Comment

Hope BB and Sir Vere have helped point you in the right direction, as Sir Vere points out the bailiff and the clown Mr Haddow need to be sent to the Jobcentre quick smart for Gross Misconduct.

Comment

Sir vb.
                    I gave them my council tax bill and ex's number back in january.
                    Opening the door is not an option as mr hughes would have a transformer thrown at him, despite how amusing that would be, can see the legalities beimg an issue.
                    How old is your autistic child, as if under 10 Mr Hughes can do diddly if the Transformer hits him in the goolies.

Comment

[QUOIE=bizzybob;423354]How old is your autistic child, as if under 10 Mr Hughes can do diddly if the Transformer hits him in the goolies.[/QUOTE]
                      She is 8 and hasnt figured goolies hurt the aim would be his head but also if she tried to escape he could then enter my property as im trying to grab her and then panic my 2 and 7 year old.

Comment

[QUOIE=bizzybob;423354]How old is your autistic child, as if under 10 Mr Hughes can do diddly if the Transformer hits him in the goolies.
                        She is 8 and hasnt figured goolies hurt the aim would be his head but also if she tried to escape he could then enter my property as im trying to grab her and then panic my 2 and 7 year old.[/QUOTE]

Thanks you just don't open the door to him, if your phone has video facility film him through the letterbox to capture any threats then use them in any complaint, and hopefully your distressed child's screaming will be on there as well naili making Mr Hughes look even more a Trans World Aitlines Teaddrinker.

Comment

Get the documents showing council tax in your sole name the address and telephone number of your ex, anda statutory declaration made at a solicitors office that the ex is no longer resident and has nothing in the house . Scan and email these to marstons, then when mr bailiff appears at your door speak to him from upstairs using teh voice recording facility on your phone . drop the documents down to him shut window and record his actions . Then complains as previously advised.

Comment

Good morning.
                            Thank you for your help yesterday. Contacted the court and couldn't get through to a court manager but spoke to a helpful man, who got slightly confused as the warrant is for a different Address so was not sure why mr hughes was dropping letters through my door but has said he will speak toto the warrants office and ask them to tell marstons that as I have shown evidence that the ex has not lived here for nearly a year to leave us in peace.
                            Colour me sceptical but that seemed to easy and I'm actually in for more battles.

Comment

If this Moron Bailiff turns up Call the Police you have informed the court the paperwork has been served on the wrong address to the wrong person they must act

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X