• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Bailiffs are coming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bailiffs are coming

Hi to everyone; My problem is that I have my partner living with me and it should have only been temporary; but she was unable to attend a Employment Assessment Medical last year and has inevitably had her benefits stopped since 27 August 2013; she went to a tribunal and failed it, she is 59 and in a wheel chair although she is not registered as disabled; and now the bailiffs are calling for council tax at a previous address. I have read some of the posts that tell me not to let them in; I am 63 and I have never been in a situation like this and not sure what to do to help her; is there any information or help that I can get to help her further. Thank You
    Tags: None

Re: The Bailiffs are coming

Bailiffs cannot come unless the council has obtained liability orders - has this happened - and if so why didn't you challenge the summonses which you should have had? Contact the council immediately and explain the situation. If the bailiffs do come just don't open the door and ensure that any motor vehicles are parked elsewhere - and that there is nothing else they might take like a caravan. On the subject of the medical tribunal, have you appealed? Have you got all the medical evidence together? You can always submit a late appeal stating reasons for your appeal being late. Its a vital lesson to reply to any document immediately and to offer evidence to state your case. All councils and other government organisations make mistakes!! Good luck.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X