• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed swift Bailiffs are not accepting my offer.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed swift Bailiffs are not accepting my offer.

Hi,

I have had letters from swift Bailiffs in relation to an outstanding magistrates court fines ( criminal fines ) I could not maintain my monthly payment so this is why the bailiffs have been instructed.
    I have made an offer but its no where near what they want, I have sent emails ect with a re payment offer and I have been ignored, there wanting £450 per month which they can stick up there hoot !
    I am on a low income receiving working tax credits and child tax credits so I cant afford a huge amount, can anyone help with a template letter to send to my magistrates court with an offer of repayment and get the bailiffs of my back as they are not complying and I want so show I am eager to make arrangements to pay, any help or information is much appreciated thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Help needed swift Bailiffs are not accepting my offer.

There are some questions that need to be answered first.

Did you know about the Court Hearing?
    Did you attend?
    Did you submit a Means Test?
    Have you moved since the offence was committed?
    Have you moved since the Court Hearing?
    Have you received a Notice from the Court prior to the Bailiffs being involved asking you to bring your account up to date?

Comment

Hi,

I was paying 50 per month to hmcs, I fell behind and I phoned and stated I was struggling, they requested I ask for a means of hearing, everything happened so fast before I knew it I received a letter stating my account had been passed to Swift, I should of kept on top of things but I was struggling with income ect and self employed could not guarantee a regular wage. So that's where it stands I do want to set up a payment plan with the courts direct but I am not sure how I proceed would appreciate any help thanks.

Comment

They expected you to keep up payments as agreed until you applied for a Means Hearing - did you actually apply?

Most important as asked previously did you receive a Final Steps Notice from the Court - this is a legal requirement?

Comment

No I didn't apply for a hearing, and as far as I am aware I did not receive a final steps notice how could I contest this ?

Comment

You will need to contact the Court & ask for the Fines Officer and tell him you did not receive a Final Steps Notice and see what he says. If he says it was sent then ask the exact address it was sent to including postcode.

Comment

Ok thanks very much for your help, I will notify of outcome.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X