• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tfl penalty charge notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tfl penalty charge notice

HI ALL,

Be welcome for any advice,

had a penalty for non payment of congestion charge dated 19/06/13 which I paid £12.00 on the 22/6/13 I had difficulty getting onto the site to pay and could not get on until the Saturday and paid

Never gave it any thought until I received bailiff letter for collection

contacted them and then filled out PE3 Statuary declaration and sent into Northampton court , this was refused with no reasons offered as to why (apparently they don't have too)

I am told today that I paid a day late so the charge of £202 will stand and because I paid the £12 on the wrong day they will not be refunding it!

Any thoughts or advice would be welcome
    Tags: None

Re: Tfl penalty charge notice

Pay the bailiff at letter stage then fight it, otherwise it could cost you up to £600 if you want to be obstinate!
    The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

Originally posted by fightbacknow View Post
      HI ALL,

Be welcome for any advice,

had a penalty for non payment of congestion charge dated 19/06/13 which I paid £12.00 on the 22/6/13 I had difficulty getting onto the site to pay and could not get on until the Saturday and paid

Never gave it any thought until I received bailiff letter for collection

contacted them and then filled out PE3 Statuary declaration and sent into Northampton court , this was refused with no reasons offered as to why (apparently they don't have too)

I am told today that I paid a day late so the charge of £202 will stand and because I paid the £12 on the wrong day they will not be refunding it!

Any thoughts or advice would be welcome
      Quite a few questions I'm afraid. Clearly you paid the CC charge outside of the discount rate and therefore you would have been liable to pay £60 instead of £12. (the £12 fee is only applicable if payment is made either online or by phone within 48 hours). If you had a very good reason as to why you could not make payment sooner (such a living in a flooded area etc) then TfL are by far the best local authority to deal with).

Most importantly, you should have then received the Charge Certificate and Order for recovery. Is there a reason why you failed to deal with this until warrant stage? (for instance, had notices been sent to a wrong address etc)

I would be very careful if I were you as the debt is likely to increase very quickly now that the OTT has been rejected.

Comment

hi thank you

how do I find out when a distress warrant and clamping order were issued

Comment

I had paid the £12, and then sent in the bank statement showing that I had paid after receiving from them a letter stating they could trace no payment and assumed when I sent in the bank statement that would be the end of it

Called TFL this morning and there stance is paid a day late so the penalty charge stands and secondly as I paid £12 on the wrong day they wont be refunding that , in the guys word its up to me to pay on the right day

Comment

hi thank you

It is not a Distress warrant, it's a warrant of execution, and the details should be on the Maston letter.

Haven't you paid yet?

If you get a visit from a Marston EA you will be charged £56.73 for the visit and £175.00 for an attendance to remove, both are subject to 20% VAT, total on top of the £202.00 and the letter fee (£11.20 + £2.24 VAT = £13.44) that is a massive £278.08!
            The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

no not yet just had the OTT REFUSAL in the post this morning,

Comment

no not yet just had the OTT REFUSAL in the post this morning,
                Marston do take debit/credit cards over the phone, when you call their 0845 number make sure you choose the option to speak to an operator, the automated system is pants as it does not register the payment for up to 4 days, plenty of time for a bailiff to come round and clamp your car!

Comment

:doggieyes:
                  hi thank you

A Distress Warrant and a Clamping Order are NOT statutory notices applicable to a congestion charge. The notices that you refer to are all in relation to a CRIMINAL FINE !!

Did you get the Charge Certificate or Order for Recovery?

You say that you filed an OTT. Was this filed AFTER a bailiff visit? The reason I ask is because if so, the debt at this present time is likely to be far in excess of the debt to TfL (£202) to cover bailiff fees.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X