• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

marston / anglian water , high court writ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marston / anglian water , high court writ

I have been trying to come to an arrangement with marston , however they will not respond to my emails , have dealt with a guy there who will not accept any form of offer on the account as it is not enough !! im on jsa at the moment , so basically i have no money .
    i phoned marston and got through to a woman who was helpful , she suggested an attachment to my jsa which i said was the best to go right now , was advised to put it in an email and send it in , so i did , that was February 3rd , i have had no reply , have emailed them on the same thread twice since , still nothing back .
    Last night same un-helpful bloke phoned me , demanding money , i mentioned the emails , of which he then read them back to me ! followed by so you want to wait until your back in work to pay !? i said no , the offer was there to do an attachment to my jsa , he stated he wanted a levy on the flat to which i said no, am not allowing a bailiff entry as that is peacable entry which can followed up by forced entry , so not not happening , he went off on one and i hung up .

the amount he mentioned last night was for £1900 odd pounds , this morning i have a water bill arrive , showing latest bill and the what has gone to court , there is an offer on the bottom on page to put payment plan in place , so i phoned them , said ok lets do that , as the bill with them is £1291 , the woman said she would she what could be done , followed up by because there has been no payment for 2 years it has to go through marston , i mentioned the attachment to jsa , she agreed that could be done , but i pointed out marston are not accepting this and have not done anything to put that in place so cant i pay anglian water direct , again no , however i can phone up and make payments which will credit the account !

i have spoken to northampton , colchester and the london high court , they use a system called global , they can see marston have applied for a writ , but not whats on it , who issued it , or what it is about , so the courts dont really know either !

what can i do ? i want marston off my case and to get this dealt with via the water company , its been my own fault its been so long , but life has not been great in the past . i want to get the ball rolling but seems they want money , im offering money and no one wants to take it !! i know they cant force entry , in an email last night stated the door step collectors are not to attend and will not gain access to the property and i will call the police if they do attend and even set foot up the path as am trying to deal with this matter , in my eyes for them to turn up here again is harassment .

what can you suggest i do about all this
    Tags: None

Re: marston / anglian water , high court writ

Unfortunately you cannot prevent them from turning up.

What you can do is to apply for a Stay of Execution which if granted will remove the HCEO from the equation providing you stick to whatever terms the Court stipulate. You may also apply for a Variation Order whereby if necessary the Court can set the level of payments you have to make - given your circumstances this could be as low as £5 per month.

If you in genuine hardship then have a read of http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/househ...ng/assistance/

I'll be back later this evening.

Comment

An OP on another thread on LB having aggravation with Anglian Water has recently had enforcement action in their case suspended by the High Court. This is the third case involving Anglian Water I have heard of in the last few days. I do know that John Kruse, the leading authority on civil enforcement law, is helping one OP. Could you please indicate where in Anglian Water's area you are please? If you and the other two are in the same area/county, it may be worth bringing this to John Kruse's attention. It would not surprise me if when Anglian Water heard John was involved, there was a fanfare of trouser trumpets at Anglian Water HQ.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I think the chemists will have run out of Immodium near AW HQ with the news that John Kruse is involved, but Marstons won't give a flying fsck* until they get clobbered due to his involvement.

* fsck Linux terminal version of Chkdsk

Comment

thanks for that , im in colchester

Comment

Originally posted by rossdem View Post
            thanks for that , im in colchester
            Okay. Thanks for that. I know that another one is in Northamptonshire. I'll try and find out where the other is located.

Comment

the writ was applies for at northampton , then sent to colchester , i called them both and london high court , they say it should appear on there computer system global , but it is not showing so can not any info about it , colchester say the same even though there is paper work , all seems very dubious to me , although i know this is a real debt , however im banging my head against a wall with anglian water and marstons

Comment

I would not be surprised if it is found that the county court has been mislead where the obtaining of the CCJ is concerned. Misleading a court is a very serious matter, not least because it brings the civil justice system into disrepute. If a legal professional is found to have been involved in such deception, that is serious professional misconduct and could lead to them being struck-off, i.e. banned from practising law.

Comment

if anything like a ccj or legal paper work been raised by the court , shouldnt i be sent a copy of it ? as have had no legal paperwork at all

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                    Okay. Thanks for that. I know that another one is in Northamptonshire. I'll try and find out where the other is located.
                    hi, im in bucks

Comment

I have been trying to come to an arrangement with marston , however they will not respond to my emails , have dealt with a guy there who will not accept any form of offer on the account as it is not enough !! im on jsa at the moment , so basically i have no money .
                      i phoned marston and got through to a woman who was helpful , she suggested an attachment to my jsa which i said was the best to go right now , was advised to put it in an email and send it in , so i did , that was February 3rd , i have had no reply , have emailed them on the same thread twice since , still nothing back .
                      Last night same un-helpful bloke phoned me , demanding money , i mentioned the emails , of which he then read them back to me ! followed by so you want to wait until your back in work to pay !? i said no , the offer was there to do an attachment to my jsa , he stated he wanted a levy on the flat to which i said no, am not allowing a bailiff entry as that is peacable entry which can followed up by forced entry , so not not happening , he went off on one and i hung up .

the amount he mentioned last night was for £1900 odd pounds , this morning i have a water bill arrive , showing latest bill and the what has gone to court , there is an offer on the bottom on page to put payment plan in place , so i phoned them , said ok lets do that , as the bill with them is £1291 , the woman said she would she what could be done , followed up by because there has been no payment for 2 years it has to go through marston , i mentioned the attachment to jsa , she agreed that could be done , but i pointed out marston are not accepting this and have not done anything to put that in place so cant i pay anglian water direct , again no , however i can phone up and make payments which will credit the account !

i have spoken to northampton , colchester and the london high court , they use a system called global , they can see marston have applied for a writ , but not whats on it , who issued it , or what it is about , so the courts dont really know either !

what can i do ? i want marston off my case and to get this dealt with via the water company , its been my own fault its been so long , but life has not been great in the past . i want to get the ball rolling but seems they want money , im offering money and no one wants to take it !! i know they cant force entry , in an email last night stated the door step collectors are not to attend and will not gain access to the property and i will call the police if they do attend and even set foot up the path as am trying to deal with this matter , in my eyes for them to turn up here again is harassment .

what can you suggest i do about all this
                      as you are on benefits, you may be classed as vunrable which means enforcement agents must withdraw from the property and the creditor has to use non confrontational means of enforcement

Comment

hi , how you getting on with them any joy

Comment

hi , how you getting on with them any joy
                          hi, i got my writ suspended yesterday. i owed a disputed debt, like you, no ccj papers just had a marston bailiff at my door unexpectedly. because i was classed as vunrable ( and because john kruse was involved) they suspended it. the levy was also dodgy! as for anglian water they will always claim they didnt know you was vunrable ( watch for that one!)

Comment

spoke to anglian water today , as they sent me a bill , first one i have had here at this address , at the bottom it states the quarterly amount , and the court amount and says i can call them to make payment plan for the full amount of both , so i called them offered to get the ball rolling said £10 a fortnight for now then 100 a month when back at work , but because i have not been in contact with them for 2 years said i have to use marstons , pointed out the difference in amounts of almost 600 pounds and said did not want to use marstons , but they said i had to , because i had not been in touch for 2 years . but at the start of the conversation would of been ok to pay them direct !

Comment

spoke to anglian water today , as they sent me a bill , first one i have had here at this address , at the bottom it states the quarterly amount , and the court amount and says i can call them to make payment plan for the full amount of both , so i called them offered to get the ball rolling said £10 a fortnight for now then 100 a month when back at work , but because i have not been in contact with them for 2 years said i have to use marstons , pointed out the difference in amounts of almost 600 pounds and said did not want to use marstons , but they said i had to , because i had not been in touch for 2 years . but at the start of the conversation would of been ok to pay them direct !
                              have you been issued a form 55? (notice of seizure from marstons)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X