• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hello there

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello there

looking for urgent help plz
    last year I had a fine from magistrate court and I was told to make fortnightly payments which I was doing then I started paying weekly totally voluntary ones because I had more money coming in. but this is where the problem started I missed one payment then I received a distress warrant in post off collectica but ignored it cos I payed fine off in full before the time the courts told me to pay it by. the court had no problems with me but now ive had phone calls off collectica saying I owe them money and have just had bailiff on door giving me attendance notice. what is this plz. im worried that every time I hear from them the are adding more fees to me. im on sick for depression and awaiting a operation because I cant walk i.e. peripheral artery disease blocked viens in legs, plz help feel like topping myself to get away from it all.

many thanks J.B
    Last edited by bombhead; 25th February 2014, 15:25:PM. Reason: DONT KNOW IF IVE SENT THIS RIGHT PLACE
    Tags: None

Re: hello there

What date did you make your last payment? Have you checked with the Court to make sure you have paid up? What date did Collectica become involved?

Comment

thanks for reply I think I had two payments left I missed one but payed other off with last one fine was payed according to courts on time can get letters out to check dates if necessary ps thanks at wits end

J.B

Comment

The dates are important as Collectica will have added their £85 fee on to your account on receipt of instructions by HMCTS. The other thing is if you received a Further Steps Notice - which it sounds as if you did - did you comply within the time frame given?

Comment

MANY THANKS FOR REPLY: they have told my 10 yr old daughter on phone I had a distress warrant issued in September to me but I haven't received it as to date, they told me i missed one payment when they rang me on 6th feb 2014.
          last payment paid was to courts was £35 on 4th October 2013.
          I had until 23rd October to pay courts in full.
          checked with court I owe nothing.
          collectica bashed my door down nearly last week giving me a attendance notice and I had 2 weeks to pay £300.
          I've been on sick for twelve months with health issues and haven't received one penny off state because I didn't claim anythink, my family payed it with payment card as I am sofa bound hence one payment was missed.
          MY PROBLEM IS I WAS PAYING MORE IE UP FRONT WITH MY PAYMENTS
          I don't even live there now because ive separated from my partner.
          thanks J.B
          Last edited by bombhead; 25th February 2014, 16:47:PM. Reason: UPDATE

Comment

If Collectica are involved, penny to a pound they are telling porkies. They are very good at telling porkies, but not very good at doing it convincingly. The last time they spun a crock of crap to H.M. Courts & Tribunals Service (HMCTS), the distress warrant they had been issued with was pulled by an HMCTS Area Enforcement Team.

There is a possibility a distress warrant has been issued in error, in which case the court responsible needs to recall it asap.

Could you please post up the following -
            1. The date the court told you the fine had to be paid by in full, following the court imposing the fine;
            2. The date you actually made the last installment of the fine and it was paid in full;
            3. The date the court say they sent a reminder to you;
            4. The date the court say they sent a Further Steps Notice to you;
            5. The date the court say they issued a distress warrant to Collectica.

Given Collectica's propensity for fibbing, I feel the more information we have, the better advice we can give you.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X