• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rossendale's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rossendale's

Hi just need some advice

bailiffs arrived at my door on the 11th because i missed one agreed payment over Christmas

'been paying every fortnight since October 2013'

I owed £173 or C Tax which includes £24 for 1st visit and £18 2nd vist.

On the 11th they put a levy on my friends car who is using my drive and
    added costs of £29 walking possession
    also £160 for coming out.
    Total cost £363.

I showed them proof it wasnt my car
    V5 and Insurance documents,

but they said they had me on surveillance driving the car so that proof wasnt enough.
    So they went ahead and clamped my friends car.

I have never let them in my property nor have i signed any walking possession paperwork, not signed anything.

They kept threatening to take car, then gave me till day after to find £363..

I have borrowed the £173 and paid it directly to the Council day after, but refusing to pay the £190 fee's on the Levy and Removal charge.

After a week still clamped and heard nothing from Bailiffs the rightful owner/friend removed clamp un damaged and left it on my drive, so i have taken it in for safe keeping barr the Padlock which is missing.

Its been 10 days today since they clamped a friends car for my debt and im wonder what the hell to do about clamp and outstanding fee's they say i owe as LO paid off.. Do i ring them to collect, do i personally go to their office and drop it off or do i emigrate cos im so nervous being in my own home waiting for them to call back.

Just an added note.. Equita put a levy on same car a week earlier for a £69 debt i owed to another council, but i also paid the council direct and now they want £67 for visits. I did text this bailiff saying car wasn't mine and im guessing they did their checks or they would of clamped car before Rossendales got to it
    Last edited by poppy666; 21st February 2014, 00:54:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Rossendale's

Hi + to LB.............I''ve bumped your thread so one of the clever bods will spot it and pop in

:bump:

Comment

Thank you :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Originally posted by poppy666 View Post
        'been paying every fortnight since October 2013'
        Who have you been paying - the council or their rapacious ruffians, Rossendales?

I owed £173 or C Tax which includes £24 for 1st visit and £18 2nd visit.
        Then the levy fee should be only £24.50 + £( 73 x 4%) = £( 24.50 + 2.92) = £ 27.42; rounded up, £28.

On the 11th they put a levy on my friends car who is using my drive

The levy was invalid.

and added costs of £29 walking possession
        Miscalculated,

also £160 for coming out.
        Invalid, as there was no valid levy already in place.

Total cost £363.
        stercus bovi

I showed them proof it wasnt my car
        V5 and Insurance documents,
        Quite right. That means they could not reasonably suppose it was your motor car.

but they said they had me on surveillance driving the car so that proof wasn't enough.
        Utter nonsense.

Even if that "surveillance" evidence existed and had been properly obtained - which one may doubt - it still does not shew that you owned the motor car.

So they went ahead and clamped my friends car.
        They are arrogant idiots, who feel safe because nobody will or can do anything to stop them.

After a week still clamped and heard nothing from Bailiffs the rightful owner/friend removed clamp un damaged and left it on my drive, so i have taken it in for safe keeping bar the Padlock which is missing.
        Perhaps the padlock evaporated when the motor car was beamed up to the mother-ship? :grin:

Its been 10 days today since they clamped a friends car for my debt and im wonder what the hell to do about clamp and outstanding fee's they say i owe as LO paid off.. Do i ring them to collect, do i personally go to their office and drop it off

How much were you going to charge them for storage of their abandoned property?

or do i emigrate cos im so nervous being in my own home waiting for them to call back.

I believe the UK does not have a current extradition treaty with Costa Rica. The coffee there is said to be excellent.

Just an added note.. Equita put a levy on same car a week earlier for a £69 debt i owed to another council, but i also paid the council direct and now they want £67 for visits. I did text this bailiff saying car wasn't mine and im guessing they did their checks or they would of clamped car before Rossendales got to it
        How did they reckon on £67 just for visits?

Which councils are involved?

Comment

Thanks for reply Cleverclogs

I was paying Rossendales £30 a fortnight from October for a £413 LO which included their 2 Visits of £24.50 and £18.. This is with Lancashire Council, got it down to £173 before clamping car 'which is paid now barr £190 fee's'

As for Equita it was Blackburn & Darwen Council, i rang because i got a notice that if i didnt pay it was being handed back to the Council as they couldnt put a levy on my goods EVEN though they posted a form 7 with a levy on friends car on the 3rd. The £67 was for Additional Recovery fee's the breakdown letter said.

Regarding the outstanding Fee's from both Bailiffs, if i dont agree to pay Rossendales, but pay the £67 to Equita can Rossendals re clamp friends car or any other car i put on drive? Also what shall i do with clamp cos ive been a wreck last 10 days thinking what to say to them if/when they return.
          Last edited by poppy666; 21st February 2014, 12:07:PM.

Comment

I was paying Rossendales £30 a fortnight from October for a £413 LO which included their 2 Visits of £24.50 and £18.. This is with Lancashire Council, got it down to £173 before clamping car 'which is paid now barr £190 fee's'
            You told the Silly Bugger that it was not your motor car and produced documents to prove that, yet he clamped it anyway. That was an irregular or improper levy as it was of goods that did not belong to the debtor and, in my opinion, you do not owe them anything.

You need a breakdown of the fees that Tosserdales have imposed - use letter #1, at http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...Useful-Letters

The Chief Executive is Mr Phil Halsall, phil.halsall@css.lancscc.gov.uk
            As for Equita it was Blackburn & Darwen Council, i rang because i got a notice that if i didn't pay it was being handed back to the Council as they couldn't put a levy on my goods EVEN though they posted a form 7 with a levy on friends car on the 3rd. The £67 was for Additional Recovery fees the breakdown letter said.
            What "additional recovery fees"?

Again, I very much doubt that you owe the buggers any lawful fees.

Blackburn and Darwen Council has, unfortunately, outsourced its admin to Capita (aka Crapita) who are inherently incapable of giving a straight answer to any questions about the fees extorted by their bailiffs. Nevertheless, you should try - again, use letter #1, at http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...Useful-Letters

You may find you've been overcharged - that's usual for Equita - and that they owe you some money!

The Chief Executive is Mr Harry Catherall, harry.catherall@blackburn.gov.uk

Regarding the outstanding Fee's from both Bailiffs, if i don't agree to pay Rossendales, but pay the £67 to Equita can Rossendals re clamp friends car or any other car i put on drive? Also what shall i do with clamp cos ive been a wreck last 10 days thinking what to say to them if/when they return.
            I'd schlep the clamp to the council offices, tell them that their performing monkey had left it behind when he attached it to another person's motor car in violation of the Regulations and that you didn't want it cluttering your home any longer.

If you can have someone from the local newspaper there at the time, so much the better.

One might be tempted to lock it on Mr Halsall's private motor car, then deliver the keys to him at the council offices - but that might be a bit illegal. :grin:

Comment

Thank you appreciate it, probably just say i have the seizure paperwork with the 2 fee's on that they gave me last week knowing them

Comment

Seizing third-party goods knowing the goods are not the property of the debtor is unlawful. Removing and attempting to sell third-party goods that have been unlawfully seized and/or attempting to solicit fees in connection with such an unlawful seizure is illegal.

Both Equita and Rossendales could be facing civil proceedings from the owner of the vehicle for Unlawful Interference with Property, Unlawful Detention of Property, Unlawful Distraint, as well as Trespass Against Property.

As to what to do with the clamp that has resulted from an abandoned levy, if you go onto YouTube, a gentleman who had something similar took the clamp to his local council's offices and deposited it on their reception desk. You and your friend might wish to consider doing this and make sure you film it for your protection and that of the council.

All in all, both Equita and Rossendales are on the wrong side of the law.
                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thanks Bluebottle once i drop kids at nursery Monday i will go into the Council with one of my eldest son's, he can video it whilst i dump n their desk seen as Rossendales have still not come out. Was also worried they would get police involved and them side with Bailiffs, guess only thing i can get accused of is criminal damage to a padlock if they tried, but will see.

Comment

You could say the bailiff left the clamp at your house and as the Council are liable for the bailiffs you are returning the clamp to them the one you never removed as it was not your car

Comment

lol better idea :tinysmile_twink_t2: just trying to find that youtibe video now.

Comment

Thanks Bluebottle once i drop kids at nursery Monday i will go into the Council with one of my eldest son's, he can video it whilst i dump n their desk seen as Rossendales have still not come out. Was also worried they would get police involved and them side with Bailiffs, guess only thing i can get accused of is criminal damage to a padlock if they tried, but will see.
                        Rossendales have to prove any allegation they make. If the police are stupid enough not to follow correct procedures, it will come back and bite them hard on the bum as it will Rossendales.

Cloggy has given you some excellent advice in Post #6 and you would be wise to follow it.
                        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thank you appreciate it, probably just say i have the seizure paperwork with the 2 fee's on that they gave me last week knowing them
                          You won't know until/unless you ask.

If they play at Silly Buggers, you should then ask the council. That was why I looked up the details for the Chief Executive Officers though, if you want to use the details to invite them on a wild date, that's up to you. :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                            You could say the bailiff left the clamp at your house and as the Council are liable for the bailiffs you are returning the clamp to them the one you never removed as it was not your car
                            And if they ask what happened to the padlock, reply that you never saw any padlock - just that clamp lying on the drive where your friend's motor car had been parked.

Comment

CC why say it was a friends car

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X