• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Equita asking for £337.00, I kindly need help (Coventry) - on a £97 PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equita asking for £337.00, I kindly need help (Coventry) - on a £97 PCN

Good afternoon to you all.

Long story short:
    - car on the name of my sister
    - moved from the v5c address on may 2013 but did not change the v5c
    - went last week to pick-up letters and found myself with £370.00 worth of fines that I did not know - most of them on bus lane I did not know it exists
    - I paid all of them to get rid of the hassle and only one left is a £97.00 fine

This was sent to Equita apparently to chase up the debt.
    I called them today and asked to talk with the person in charge with this.

I called that person I told him the circumstances and also that my sister is unemployed and if he could help in paying this in 2 months £48 and £49.

His reply:
    - Your fine has gone up to £337.00
    - I even went to your house today and dropped in a call in card
    - Your sister will get her car clamped if seen on one of the road cameras or in traffice.

What do I have to do ? I cannot pay for this charge - it is enormous !

- I do not know what the PCN was for - as there was none sent to the address - or the landlord sent them back to sender.
    - I do not know if they really went to the house or not as they claim
    - The person on the phone did not give me a break down of charges - he said I should contact Equita by post.
    - only letter I have from Equite was on 31/01 saying that they have been instructed by Coventry City Council to get this debt back - is it really from the 31/01 to 12/02 £240.00 charges ? That is crazy ...

What can I do ?

I am now trying to find as much info from TEC and will revert.

Tags: None

Re: Equita asking for £337.00, I kindly need help (Coventry) - on a £97 PCN

Originally posted by minunel View Post
    His reply:
    - Your sister will get her car clamped if seen on one of the road cameras or in traffic.
    Bailiffs tell lies.

Equita bailiffs tell whopping big lies!

- The person on the phone did not give me a break down of charges - he said I should contact Equita by post.
    Probably a waste of time, as Equita has form for adding "prospective fees".

- only letter I have from Equite was on 31/01 saying that they have been instructed by Coventry City Council to get this debt back - is it really from the 31/01 to 12/02 £240.00 charges ? That is crazy ...
    Too damn right it's crazy!

Coventry City Council is, alas, infested by Crapita, so writing or talking to their minions will probably get you nowhere.

However, your local councillors are not (necessarily) corrupted - find them at https://www.writetothem.com

The CEO of Coventry Council is Martin Reeves PhD, Tel: 024 7683 1100 email - martin.reeves@coventry.gov.uk personal twitter http://twitter.com/@martinrreeves

Comment

Hi ,

as an update:

TEC won`t talk to me they have to talk with my sister - darn.

I called Coventry council they advised I should apply for a Out of time/date witness statement.
      Called TEC and they e-mailed them to me and I need to go with my sister to get them signed in a local court.

Any suggestions how to write the statement or what to do next ? SHould I contact bailiffs and tell them that I have applied for this out of date ?

I will base the declaration that we have moved house since may and we were unable to retrieve the mail as the landlord was unco-operative and he was always outside of the country. Not sure they will accept it as we still had the V5c with us...

-----------
      Wolfhound, are you suggesting I should contact the CEO of Cov. council ? :O

And if I contact the councilor would they help or assist me in anything ?

Just curious how this works ?!

Comment

Originally posted by minunel View Post
        Good afternoon to you all.

Long story short:
        - car on the name of my sister
        - moved from the v5c address on may 2013 but did not change the v5c
        - went last week to pick-up letters and found myself with £370.00 worth of fines that I did not know - most of them on bus lane I did not know it exists
        - I paid all of them to get rid of the hassle and only one left is a £97.00 fine

This was sent to Equita apparently to chase up the debt.
        I called them today and asked to talk with the person in charge with this.

I called that person I told him the circumstances and also that my sister is unemployed and if he could help in paying this in 2 months £48 and £49.

His reply:
        - Your sister will get her car clamped if seen on one of the road cameras or in traffice.

What do I have to do ? I cannot pay for this charge - it is enormous !

- I do not know what the PCN was for - as there was none sent to the address - or the landlord sent them back to sender.
        - I do not know if they really went to the house or not as they claim

What can I do ?

I am now trying to find as much info from TEC and will revert.

Looks like you were charged £38.60 for the bailiff visit, £13.44 for the letter fee plus an attendance to remove for £180.00 or thereabouts.

Big question, was the car in your name when the PCN was issued?
        The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

May I get some guidance please and help with wording .

TEC allowing me to file an Out of Time declaration.

Kindly what documents to I have to send them ?

1) PE3 - Statutory Declaration - unpaid penalty charge
          What reasons should I put as plausible and lawful (not lying)
          - is this fine : I have moved house and did not have access to my letters since. Landlord was out of the country and no means for me to contact him.

2) PE2 - Statutory Declaration - out of time
          is this fine : I have moved house and did not have access to my letters since. Landlord was always out of the coutnry and I had no means to contact him and noone at the premisses to give me the mail. I did not know of the offence and all documents were sent to my old address. When I collected the post there were no signs of the original PCN or the Enforcement Notice - all I found was a Bailiff Letter. Coventry council confirmed that all letters were sent to this address but I had no means of access. Because I had no access to my mail I was not aware of the Penalty charge and I have been denied the opportunity to pay for the charge at a reduced rate or to challenge it.

Can I have some advice - I struggle and wording is not one of my top skills.

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X