• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Anglian Water and Marstons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anglian Water and Marstons

We have had problems with Anglian Water which we are resolving the best we can. We have cleared one years backlog and are going to sort out the last years backlog which we have started and now I have a job, albeit temporary (Amazon picking stuff good for your weight but mentally boring) we are going to pay it off in full, I have already paid £50 towards it, and the rest of the money will be put in to Anglian's bank account this week.
    Marstons turned up unannounced yesterday and frankly were very rude and aggressive to our daughter demanding to know where I was, she did not let them in though they left a letter.
    Now I have already been in contact with Anglian to sort out the matter and they are willing to sort out payment - we have older arrears which will be paid off and we have proved we are good to our word yet some other part of Anglian has decided to send two muppet's to get payment. As I have said I have paid some towards this particular debt and have stated that the rest will be cleared to Anglian - we have no intention giving money to Marstons at all.
    Where do we stand on this? Anglian seem to have the right hand doing things the left does not know and I do not need bailiffs again for no reason charging for visits and frankly intimidating my daughter (she is 27 but she has bad memories of previous visits by bailiffs in the past)
    Tags: None

Re: Anglian Water and Marstons

Welcome to Lega Beagles Patchie It looks like Anglian Water have obtained a CCJ against you and may well have managed to escalate the debt to the High Court, and Marstons are executing a writ of fi-fa as HCEO. Have you had any County Court paperwork at all? This is a trick many utilities pull. If indeed they are attending as HCEO, you will need to apply first as a priority for a Stay oof Execution on Marstons, one reason is that you cannot afford the fees demanded, and then a variation order to allow you to pay at a rate you can afford.

Other Beagles will no doubt be along soon with more and alternate options.

Comment

Re: Anglian Water and Marstons

Originally posted by Patchie View Post
      Now I have already been in contact with Anglian to sort out the matter and they are willing to sort out payment - we have older arrears which will be paid off and we have proved we are good to our word yet some other part of Anglian has decided to send two muppets to get payment.
      Please do not refer to those ogres as muppets.

The Managing Director of Anglian Water is Mr Peter Simpson, telephone 01522 341000, email psimpson@anglianwater.co.uk

The company's Twitter account is https://twitter.com/@AnglianWater

Their logo is

Does this mean all their water has been passed by the directors?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X