• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help regarding Collectica bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help regarding Collectica bailiffs

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
    Did the bailiff ring the court before proceeding his wrecking spree? If he did not, Collectica are fully liable for the damage he caused. However, so is the court for issuing a distress warrant they did not have lawful authority to issue.

I would make a start on formulating a claim to submit to HMCTS headquarters in London.
    No, they wouldn't listen and just presumed I was trying to lie to them. Another thing I can't believe is how I keep getting fobbed off by the police. They keep saying its a civil matter! Unbelievable

Comment

Originally posted by Swiftyboy View Post
      No, they wouldn't listen and just presumed I was trying to lie to them. Another thing I can't believe is how I keep getting fobbed off by the police. They keep saying its a civil matter! Unbelievable
      Swiftyboy,

I'm sending you a PM.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiftyboy View Post
        Another thing I can't believe is how I keep getting fobbed off by the police. They keep saying its a civil matter! Unbelievable
        Whilst they probably just mean they're too idle to do anything about it, or that it might be a matter of just your word against the grunts of the Collectica oafs, perhaps you should ask them if they really mean you should sue the Chief Constable?

Comment

It sounds like the OP's local police force has been on a Common Purpose "How to Behave Like A Moron" course. Joking aside, it sounds more like the OP spoke to civilian call-handlers who are not trained to the same level or standard as police officers, which would explain the response he received. Having said this, though, a lot of police forces have given little, if any, training to their civilian and frontline warranted officers in how to deal with the abuses and excesses of the civil enforcement industry.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
            It sounds like the OP's local police force has been on a Common Purpose "How to Behave Like A Moron" course. Joking aside, it sounds more like the OP spoke to civilian call-handlers who are not trained to the same level or standard as police officers, which would explain the response he received. Having said this, though, a lot of police forces have given little, if any, training to their civilian and frontline warranted officers in how to deal with the abuses and excesses of the civil enforcement industry.
            They are under the mistaken belief that the bailiff is like them one of the good guys/gals The officer who has been hoodwinked by a bailiff is a sadder and wiser person no doubt. Perhaps a complaint to the Chief Constable is an option.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
              They are under the mistaken belief that the bailiff is like them one of the good guys/gals The officer who has been hoodwinked by a bailiff is a sadder and wiser person no doubt. Perhaps a complaint to the Chief Constable is an option.
              As 11 Northumbria Police uniformed officers found out when they were reprimanded for assisting a certificated bailiff to gain forcible entry to someone's home without lawful authority, you end up a sadder, but wiser person. A reprimand, in police terms, is not something that can be brushed off. It can end up on your record and a verbal reprimand can be along the lines of "If this happens again, you will get the toe of my boot up your arse to the top lacehole. And that's just for starters." You are left in no doubt that you are in the proverbial and you make sure you do not make the same mistake again. It is sad serving police officers have to find out the hard way that certificated bailiffs are not the "good guys/gals" as they think they are. The truth is a number of certificated bailiffs are former police officers who have left the police service for the wrong reasons.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X