• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking eye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking eye

We have received an unfair parking fine in Southport. Sunday July 14th. The cam area photographed our car entering and exiting the car park. We were there for 11 minutes. My husband was back and forth to the machine as the it wouldn't accept new 5,10,20 pence new coins. We tried to look for old ones in the car. As we couldn't we drove out of the car park. I was issued a parking fine and appealed a couple of times then it was passed to POPLA. They refused the appeal. I have received a letter this morning, saying if we don't pay 100 pounds in 14 days we will be taken to court. Please advise me.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking eye

Popla don't do mitigation as you have found out

Can you scan all the documents and any pictures of the signs etc redacting your name address reg number.

M1

Comment

What do I do?

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda72 View Post
        What do I do?

Send a robust reply to the letter before action.

I'd help you with that but without see their letter and and previous communications it's kind of difficult. If you want me to help you then you've got to help me. I failed my crystal ball test years ago.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda72 View Post
          We have received an unfair parking fine in Southport. Sunday July 14th. The cam area photographed our car entering and exiting the car park. We were there for 11 minutes. My husband was back and forth to the machine as the it wouldn't accept new 5,10,20 pence new coins. We tried to look for old ones in the car. As we couldn't we drove out of the car park. I was issued a parking fine and appealed a couple of times then it was passed to POPLA. They refused the appeal. I have received a letter this morning, saying if we don't pay 100 pounds in 14 days we will be taken to court. Please advise me.
          Bloody Nora .... it takes me longer than the 10" minute grace to find the money to go into the machine, but this camera business is ridiculuos, it takes me longer to find a space in the local multi storey, let alone getting the change from the newsagent on the corner.

This is defenetly a Council going all guns blazing to fatten their coffers.
          The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Vere Brayne d'Emmidge View Post

This is defenetly a Council going all guns blazing to fatten their coffers.
            This is a PPC - not Council.

Comment

As they are a PPC to do court they need a consequential loss, is the signagge at the entrance clear and legible? Are the signs in the car park clearly visible and readable. Parking Eye are notorious for their threatOgrams. Their "Invoice" for that is what it is is speculative, as is a letter from RLP. Thry are a private company, and cannot "fine" anybody. Any legal action would be under the law of contract. As you drove in and only stayed 10 minutes they are only entitled to a sixth of the hourly charge. As you left after having tried to pay but the machine was not accepting the cash I would be inclined to tell Parking Eye to foxtrot oscar. Other Beagles will no doubt have other suitable advice imho

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                As they are a PPC to do court they need a consequential loss, is the signagge at the entrance clear and legible? Are the signs in the car park clearly visible and readable. Parking Eye are notorious for their threatOgrams. Their "Invoice" for that is what it is is speculative, as is a letter from RLP. Thry are a private company, and cannot "fine" anybody. Any legal action would be under the law of contract. As you drove in and only stayed 10 minutes they are only entitled to a sixth of the hourly charge. As you left after having tried to pay but the machine was not accepting the cash I would be inclined to tell Parking Eye to foxtrot oscar. Other Beagles will no doubt have other suitable advice imho
                I agree totally with your analysis, PT. PE are entitled to sweet FA. Their mantra "You entered and then left, therefore, you parked and owe us money," without producing clear evidence that a vehicle did, in fact, use the parking facilities, is disingenuous, at best, coming very close to fraudulent misrepresentation, at worst. Don't forget that Capita now own PE. Need I say more?
                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                  I agree totally with your analysis, PT. PE are entitled to sweet FA. Their mantra "You entered and then left, therefore, you parked and owe us money," without producing clear evidence that a vehicle did, in fact, use the parking facilities, is disingenuous, at best, coming very close to fraudulent misrepresentation, at worst. Don't forget that Capita now own PE. Need I say more?
                  PE and other PPCs are notorious for invoicing taxi drivers who enter the car parks early with a fare, then they are in and out all day to a mall, PPC then take the time of the final exit and invoice accordingly......

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                    PE and other PPCs are notorious for invoicing taxi drivers who enter the car parks early with a fare, then they are in and out all day to a mall, PPC then take the time of the final exit and invoice accordingly......
                    Exactly why PPCs' demands are seriously flawed. It is very easy to manipulate images in the way you describe, BB, and the reason why the courts should not allow PPCs to bring proceedings unless they can provide conclusive evidence a vehicle has parked in a car park and they or the landowner has suffered actual and quantifiable loss. Perhaps, court legal teams should be made aware of this or, better still, HMCTS should ensure stricter scrutiny is applied to claims submitted by PPCs.
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I appealed and they made it unsuccessful, then I appealed to POPLA and I won and saved £100.

I won on the basis that their losses did not justify their charge of the £100......fight fight fight but your reasons have to be right.....read the POPLA site thoroughly. POPLA are great. A light of reason in the darkened and greedy world of parking.... Gud luck. :-).

A proud fighter...

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Vere Brayne d'Emmidge View Post
                        Bloody Nora
                        Who is/was Nora and why might she have been covered with gore?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                          A strumpet at her certain time of the month perhaps! anyway a Merry Christmas, a day or two with respite for debtors from bailiffs, but for how long?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post

Bloody Nora was originally called Norah and the maid for the wealthy Duke Wodingtonshire in the 17th century.

She earned the name Bloody Norah after she killed a servant of the duke with a stick of celery. When the Duke caught her repeatedly slapping the bloody corpse with the stick of celery he shouted "Oh dear god you''re all bloody, Norah...." and after beating her he banished her to a basement cell for 3 years.

When the 3 years was up the Duke set her free but Norah insisted on working for the Duke.

Reluctantly the Duke gave her a job cleaning the stables only to find 4 days later she had killed another servant, this time with a kettle. When the Duke found her once again maiming her victim with the dented kettle he cried "oh, bloody Norah" and grabbed a horseshoe in an attempt to kill Norah.

After a long struggle Norah escapes and leaving the Battered Duke cussing to himself "Bloody Norah!". The expression came from the Duke himself as would tell the story of Norah to all he knew and would always refer to her as "Bloody Norah"

As the Duke aged he grew senile and would be heard talking to himself and shouting "....BLOODY NORAH!!!!......". As people around saw him still as a respected figure in the community they all started saying Blood Norah as they all thought the Duke has invented a new cuss word. Its has stuck until present day.
                            The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                              Don't forget that Capita now own PE. Need I say more?
                              Ah ... that explains why they are now so economical with the actualité.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X