• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ross and Roberts a success story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ross and Roberts a success story

Hi everyone thought I would share my story so that it will give hope to others,
    I have council tax arrears I don't dispute this, anyway they past it over to the lovely Ross and Roberts who I very stupidly and without reading any of these forums.

I let them in they listed my goods and gave me an unrealistic payment plan without any say on my part I struggled to pay this went into default a few times managed to pay them enough to get them off my back other bills were not getting paid anyway I then did some research on my rights as I had gone into default again.
    she turned up at 8 o'clock this morning demanding either my goods the car on the drive even though I said it was not mine or 700 pounds not a penny less I offered to pay the 150 I could afford no way was she having this so after reading these forums I closed my door and rang my local council offices.

to cut to the chase they spoke to the balif and told them I would only be paying 150 and the same every month plus she gave me a lift to the bank not a nice car ride lol so anyone out there get onto your counciler that's what there for and they can and will help you against this people who will lie and cheat you out of money you cannot afford you don't even have to have a conversation with them just shut the door and get on the phone google your local counciler hope this helps someone.
    Tags: None

Re: Ross and Roberts a success story

Good to hear but have you confirmed what you owed with the Council & have the Bailiffs supplied you with a breakdown of their fees?

Comment

Hi yes to both questions but the council are going to look into the fees I have been charged as myself and they think they are excessive yesterday she charged me 120 just for attending then had the cheek after being told by the council how much I was paying she told me she was on £60 pound an hour waiting fee.
      I did ask her how did she manage to keep her job when they lie and cheat people out of money but she would not admit she had lied even though the prove was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki7 View Post
        Hi yes to both questions but the council are going to look into the fees I have been charged as myself and they think they are excessive yesterday she charged me 120 just for attending then had the cheek after being told by the council how much I was paying she told me she was on £60 pound an hour waiting fee.
        I did ask her how did she manage to keep her job when they lie and cheat people out of money but she would not admit she had lied even though the prove was there.
        This bailiff is seriously asking to lose their certificate by charging or attempting to charge fees the law does not provide or for work not carried out. She cannot charge you Waiting Time (not in CT Regulations) and visit fees for CT are limited to £42.50. Next time she tries that, ask to see her certificate and take details of -

a. her name;
        b. the name of the court that issued her certificate;
        c. the issue and expiry dates

and tell her you will be writing to the senior judge at the court about her conduct.

If you want to really wind her up, you could tell her a court can revoke a bailiff's certificate without a Form 4 complaint, simply a letter to the senior judge, and without a hearing, under the Civil Procedures Rules 1998. And if you are feeling particularly naughty, you could add that this happened to a certificated bailiff in 2012... who happened to work for Ross & Roberts.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X