• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Motorcycle Impounded at fault of DVLA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Motorcycle Impounded at fault of DVLA

I am afraid the OP does not have much of a choice if he wants to keep him motorcycle, has to pay then try to claim the money back from DVLA, after all the bike was on the Highway with no tax and no insurance.
    The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Vere Brayne d'Emmidge View Post
      I am afraid the OP does not have much of a choice if he wants to keep him motorcycle, has to pay then try to claim the money back from DVLA, after all the bike was on the Highway with no tax and no insurance.
      It could well have been insured, but untaxed but otherwise, you have highlighted the most realistic option at this stage. However if OP cannot afford to pay the charges, then it becomes more difficult.

Comment

See post 2!

Comment

I have a feeling the matter will come back and bite DVLA on their gluteus maximus.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
            I have a feeling the matter will come back and bite DVLA on their gluteus maximus.
            As in they facilitated the offence of no tax by firking up the V5? Another one for BBC watchdog

Comment

I hope you're right!

Comment

Something tells me we're going to see Simon Tse on Watchdog yet again trying to bluff his way out of yet another blunder by DVLA. He should not received a further penny in salary from the taxpayer. The man is an oaf and should be sacked.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                  Something tells me we're going to see Simon Tse on Watchdog yet again trying to bluff his way out of yet another blunder by DVLA. He should not received a further penny in salary from the taxpayer. The man is an oaf and should be sacked.
                  I would strongly advise Drew to provide Watchdog with details of this, along with a Forml Complaint to DVLA, as in he should have been able to tax the bike from the slip from the V5 going in for transfrer, the whole thing is down to DVLA as it is entirely possible drew had no other alternative place to store the bike, in any event if it was off road, if he couldn't tax it due to DVLA he couldn't SORN it either; so would have had a spurious fine a couple of months later from DVLA anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                    I would strongly advise Drew to provide Watchdog with details of this, along with a Forml Complaint to DVLA, as in he should have been able to tax the bike from the slip from the V5 going in for transfrer, the whole thing is down to DVLA as it is entirely possible drew had no other alternative place to store the bike, in any event if it was off road, if he couldn't tax it due to DVLA he couldn't SORN it either; so would have had a spurious fine a couple of months later from DVLA anyway.
                    That is a very good point - either way he was knackered.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                      I was thinking about this, he couod have taxed the bike at the Post Office by presenting the green slip, the certificate of insurance and an MOT Certificate (if needed) and none of this should have happened, although I agree, DVLA Senior Mangement should be tied to a rock and sunk off the coast ot West Wales.
                      The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

I was thinking about this, he couod have taxed the bike at the Post Office by presenting the green slip, the certificate of insurance and an MOT Certificate (if needed) and none of this should have happened, although I agree, DVLA Senior Mangement should be tied to a rock and sunk off the coast ot West Wales.
                        I recommend Swansea Bay, in De Cymru within sight of the DVLA HQ Mind you the Post Office muppet should join them

"I then visited the post office with the slip I received when I purchased the bike to try and renew the tax but I was told that I'd need proof of insurance (Most Definitely and correct along with MOT if bike over 3 years old) and my V5. Er No the slip does that job......

Comment

2 Questions

Was the bike insured at the time it was removed

The OP knowing as we all do that it is the offence of not displaying a valid tax disc or awaiting delivery of one purchased on line why did they leave it on the road?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                            2 Questions

Was the bike insured at the time it was removed

The OP knowing as we all do that it is the offence of not displaying a valid tax disc or awaiting delivery of one purchased on line why did they leave it on the road?
                            Hopefully it was or it is more grief for OP

Comment

Problem is, Sir Vere, the Maritime and Coastguard Agency would kick up a fuss about it, say they were a hazard to shipping.

Comment

not much shipping off the coast of west wales might be the best place for them could send a few bailiffs and council muppets to

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X