• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newlyn PLC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newlyn PLC

http://www.theguardian.com/money/201...-fees-councils

http://www.iharrow.com/bobsays/bob-s...iff-contracts/

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      It may already be contrary to section one (link) of the Public Bodies Corrupt Practices Act 1889 and/or section one (link) of the Prevention of Corruption Act 1906

Section 7 (link) of the 1889 Act makes it plain that "person" includes any body of persons, etc.
      I am amazed......I sincerely did not know that legislation against possible/actual corruption was in place....second revelation I had in the past few years....Believe it or not until 2001 I did not know what exactly a CCJ was, I knew it was not good for one's credit rating, but never knew it meant County Court Judgement.

Surprising how naive can somebody be when they always walked the straight and narrow road of honesty and fairness.
      The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

Very easy to not know things until you meed to,good idea to read forums on all sorts of subjects.
        Its an eye opener reading some of the rules regs and laws there are and the fact that some ignore them.LB
        is an excellent source of info with added humour /

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Vere Brayne d'Emmidge View Post
          I am amazed......I sincerely did not know that legislation against possible/actual corruption was in place....second revelation I had in the past few years....Believe it or not until 2001 I did not know what exactly a CCJ was, I knew it was not good for one's credit rating, but never knew it meant County Court Judgement.

Surprising how naive can somebody be when they always walked the straight and narrow road of honesty and fairness.
          There's plenty - ask Bluebottle! The law existing and being able to use that law is two completely separate issues though. Theory and reality differ massively. :beagle:

Comment

How can these people be stopped? If a counsellor can not get contracts changed?

Comment

Originally posted by tam13sana View Post
              How can these people be stopped? If a counsellor can not get contracts changed?
              Councils have the right to terminate contracts if there is sufficient reason to do so. They only have a choice of four bailiff companies to use for Magistrate Court fines though, so it is limited.

I am not aware of a council having terminated a bailiff company's contract, there may have been a couple; they tend, if really pushed, to do something about individual bailiffs rather than contracts. The new guidelines should, in theory, make a difference, but being sceptical, I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

The "new guidelines" will, in reality, only make matters worse.

Comment

The "new guidelines" will, in reality, only make matters worse.
                  In what way? Because people can easily read what is recommended should happen, but doesn't?

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                    I have a lot of time for Mr Pickles. :beagle:
                    He certainly seems to have woken up and realised what is actually going on and is doing something about it. He gets a :okay: from me in that respect.
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                      He certainly seems to have woken up and realised what is actually going on and is doing something about it.
                      Apart from yawning and scratching his groin, what has he actually done?

Comment

In what way? Because people can easily read what is recommended should happen, but doesn't?
                        No - because the new "guidelines" will be ignored just as readily as were previous "guidelines" and because bailiffs will continue to misrepresent their lawful powers in much the same way that they have done since the days of Robin Hood.

With costs being awarded against complainants, there is no effective redress against any bailiff who bends or breaks the rules.

Comment

Apart from yawning and scratching his groin, what has he actually done?
                          At least he has recognised there are some less than reputable operators about and that some LAs are taking kickbacks from bailiff companies and has issued guidelines. However, I have to agree that, apart from yawning and scratching his groin, he could go further and lay a Statutory Instrument before Parliament to clamp down on it. It should only take around 90 days to have an SI up and running, that is, when the politicians want to impress the voters.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                            It should only take around 90 days to have an SI up and running, that is, when the politicians next want to bamboozle the voters.
                            I've fixed your post for you.

I still recall the Prime Moron declaring, upon being semi-elected, that he had no intention of enabling part 3 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act.

Consequently, I now trust him even less than I'd trust [name deleted by request of site admin].

Comment

No - because the new "guidelines" will be ignored

With costs being awarded against complainants, there is no effective redress against any bailiff who bends or breaks the rules.
                              That's what I said, and I pretty much agree with you. The vast majority of the time, sadly your statement is correct.

Comment

I've fixed your post for you.

I still recall the Prime Moron declaring, upon being semi-elected, that he had no intention of enabling part 3 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act.

Consequently, I now trust him even less than I'd trust [name deleted by request of site admin].
                                You're not talking about Cabbage Patch Doll by any chance, are you, Cloggy?
                                Last edited by bluebottle; 20th October 2013, 23:00:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X