• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newlyn Bailiffs RE: Council Tax

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newlyn Bailiffs RE: Council Tax

Thanks for all your help guys, should I just pay the £42.50 to Newlyns now or wait to see if they comply with my request for a breakdown of their charges and find out how they come to to over £200+?

Will they use their bailiff powers to enforce their charges or would they have to apply to a court again once the initial debt to the council has been cleared?

Comment

Others will disagree with me, but I'd pay the £42.50 they can lawfully charge, then if they want to attempt to justify the rest they can. I'd pay it to the council with a note to pass it on as the lawful fees chargeable with your own breakdown.

Comment

Yes I would concur with Labman, pay the £42.50, and that shows good faith on your part, then the bailiffs will have to justify the rest. the bailiffs may well be unwilling to swear in court as top the validity of the remainder.

Comment

Hello again
          I have had a reply from Newlyns about how their charges were incurred
          Can they charge these fees?
          Last edited by Amethyst; 23rd February 2017, 14:50:PM. Reason: removed code

Comment

Hello again
            I have had a reply from Newlyns about how their charges were incurred
            Can they charge these fees?

Comment

Have you paid the £42.50?

Would you like to post up their version to see how they have fabricated their fees?

Comment

Don't know if it will be there now
                Attached Files

Comment

The fees are twaddle IMO. They may have made two visits = £42.50.

They did not levy anything, so no levy fee is payable.

With no levy in place, there is nothing to remove, so this cannot be charged.

As before, pay the £42.50 to the council, stating it is the lawful fees chargeable by the bailiff and this now settles the debt in full.

Comment

Originally posted by cornish pasty View Post
                    Thanks for all your help guys, should I just pay the £42.50 to Newlyns now or wait to see if they comply with my request for a breakdown of their charges and find out how they come to to over £200+?
                    We now know how they've manipulated their "fees" - they've charged for a levy that seems not to have taken place and for which no Form of Seizure was left, then they've charged for "attendance to remove" goods that had not been levied.

Will they use their bailiff powers to enforce their charges or would they have to apply to a court again once the initial debt to the council has been cleared?
                    As Mr Austin seems to have the idea he may just break in whenever he pleases - and was daft enough to say so in writing - I'd not trust them one bit! The ideal solution, of course, is to get the council to stop enforcement.

Comment

Don't know if it will be there now
                      I especially liked their refusal to name the alleged bailiff, then giving his name in the next paragraph!

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys.
                        It is rearly stressing me out dealing with these people, I have have mental health issues in the past and am worried all this stress will bring it on again.
                        Why are these people so hell bent on ripping people off, is there now law to prevent it

Comment

Why are these people so hell bent on ripping people off,
                          It's called capitalism, tovarisch.

is there no law to prevent it
                          There is a law - the Fraud Act - but getting the plods to act is all but impossible.

Comment

What a sad state this country is in when the likes of Newlyn are above the law

Comment

Another thought just struck me about that letter - was it really set in Comic Sans?

Comment

What a sad state this country is in when the likes of Newlyn are above the law
                                They may think they are and, due to the way the Form 4 process has been twisted and broken, they may actually be immune.

But Coventry Council isn't - and they are vicariously liable for the misdeeds of the buggers they appointed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X