• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Being chased for a debt that isn't mine!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Being chased for a debt that isn't mine!

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
    Are the DHSS or DWP so incompentent they dont know where the money went a bank account or a post office where the giro was cashed all starting to look like a fraud started or aided and abetted by someone at the benefits office .this may be why they are so slow in giving out information makes you think
    I asked them about the bank account and they stated they didn't know. Also gave me some waffle about the data protection act. I went in to the job centre (as advised by CAB) and even printed off bank statement to prove that the money did not go into my account!

Comment

Good news. I emailed my MP on saturday...his secretary mailed me back today to ask for my details as he wants to look into it...there is hope!

Comment

Originally posted by UnluckyMe1985 View Post
        Good news. I emailed my MP on saturday...his secretary mailed me back today to ask for my details as he wants to look into it...there is hope!
        Excellent news, appraise the MP of the rank muppetry at DWP.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
          Are the DHSS or DWP so incompentent they dont know where the money went a bank account or a post office where the giro was cashed all starting to look like a fraud started or aided and abetted by someone at the benefits office .this may be why they are so slow in giving out information makes you think
          Both things are probably true - mind boggling incompetence followed by a coverup.

Comment

Quick update. I received a letter from the Credit Agency. They have sent the debt back to their client. In the meantime, I requested a list of benefits I have alledgedly claimed. The JSA have on record that I claimed JSA from 2007 until 2011. I was a student in 2009 claiming a bursary so wasn't even allowed a bank loan. I have never claimed beneifts EVER! Does anyone know how easy it is to apply to see the form that I had apparently signed?

Cheers.

Comment

Yes, you'd have to send a subject access request which costs £10.00 to them. They then have 40 calendar days in which to respond. I can post up a template if you'd like.

Comment

Might just be the best £10 you have spent in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                  Yes, you'd have to send a subject access request which costs £10.00 to them. They then have 40 calendar days in which to respond. I can post up a template if you'd like.
                  That would be most helpful. Thank you. The MP got back to me too. He has had correspondence from the DWP, they are going to pay me £100 compo. He is also going to ask the Secretary of State for work and pensions for a full explanation. I am going to write the DWP to ask them to pay ME the £942 that they wrongly chased me for as further compensation! I find it insulting that they haven't even apologised to me yet and they think that a £100 is satisfactory! How naive of them!!! Any ideas?

Comment

Yep - been there and done it with the DWP - keep refusing and refusing and you hit a limit (not very high) where the DWP cannot go any further in terms of compensation as it is the public purse. However, if you feel strongly enough, you can then take them to court and fight your case - they of course will try to defend theirs. You may then get limitless compensation, or you may wish you'd accepted the £100.

Comment

I attach a copy of a suitable SAR for you.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                        I attach a copy of a suitable SAR for you.
                        Thank you!! Will see what this brings.....they still haven't formally apologised to me yet...they have done to my MP in their correspondence to him but obviously don't think I'm worthy....tut tut...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X