• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Originally posted by GO84 View Post
    Please go away.
    Please answer the question.

Comment

I've put you on ignore.

Comment

I've put you on ignore.
        Do me Do me

Comment

Are you really 71?

Comment

Also, is it really as easy as that bloke on Youtube makes it sound? If you get a penalty charge*, you can just keep ignoring it the letters they send and they usually won't bother doing anything?

*NOT from cowboy clampers and not from supermarket car parks where you don't pay for a ticket out of a machine.

Comment

I've put you on ignore.
              Ha!

You like to proclaim what you perceive as faults in others yet, when someone asks you a question, you won't answer.

Comment

My answer: When most people say "pikey" they are not referring to a whole ethnic group, they are referring soley to a particular subculture of people - so-called "travellers" who are disliked by many because they don't participate properly in society (squatting on public land, not paying tax etc)

They consider it an ethnic slur but not everyone else does.

I don't think he is actually one of these people, but his attitude that he doesn't have to pay charges the rest of us willingly do for using certain services is not entirely unlike theirs.
                Last edited by GO84; 19th April 2013, 16:13:PM.

Comment

They consider it an ethnic slur but not everyone else does.
                  I certainly believe it to be an ethnic slur and do not believe it is wholly impossible that you may be prejudiced.

Unfortunately for you, there is no law in the UK against posting drivel on YouTube, nor is there any requirement for him to heed your "Pay up!" comments if he chooses to ignore or block them.

Comment

Thank you for sidetracking me off the subject and making me look worse just because you picked up on one word I used that's a bit controversial, and making this thread longer and less likely to be taken seriously by any other members who come across it. I do not appreciate your contribution to this thread and I am quite disappointed at some of the responses I've gotten that feel like an attempt to wind me up. I was here to ask a question, not just to assert my opinion.

Comment

The refunds desk is over there ---->

I do hope this helps.

Comment

I thought this forum might be a place where you could have a serious discussion about legal matters. Or receive a proper answer to a question. I suppose every forum has its wags who think they're much funnier than everyone does.

Comment

He is breaking the law, isn't he? But he's deluding himself into thinking it's an unlawful law.
                          I have joined the conversation late but from the conversation you have put up then he is 100% correct. If you are watching the television "live" ie if he is watching catch up television then he is not breaking the law. If he watches DVD's he is not breaking the law. If he is watching BBC news and he is watching it as it is being broadcast then he is in breach of the law. If he is watching Eastenders at the scheduled time then he is breaking the law. If he is watching it on BBC Iplayer after it has been broadcast then he is not breaking the law.
                          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

And how do you know when it's merely a civil matter, and when it's subject to criminal legistration? Is using public car parking spaces without paying for any length of time, just a civil matter that you worm your way out of? (and I don't just mean if it's for 1 minute or there's some mitigating circumstance)
                            I am interested in this point. Has he ever been taken to court? Has he ever attended court? If Bailiffs were sent then was there actually a civil action taken against him? Is so has he ever sent in a defence to the court over that matter? Has he ever appeared in court?

Comment

Thank you for sidetracking me off the subject and making me look worse just because you picked up on one word I used that's a bit controversial, and making this thread longer and less likely to be taken seriously by any other members who come across it. I do not appreciate your contribution to this thread and I am quite disappointed at some of the responses I've gotten that feel like an attempt to wind me up. I was here to ask a question, not just to assert my opinion.
                              I'm also new to this forum so from a totally independent point of view you asked your question, received an answer and ALSO asserted "your opinion" . It appears to me that you already knew the answer you were looking for and have joined this forum either to wind people up or to hope that someone on here will incriminate them self with a comment or comments that you intend to use for another purpose.

Just my opinion :violin:

Comment

I thought this forum might be a place where you could have a serious discussion about legal matters. Or receive a proper answer to a question. I suppose every forum has its wags who think they're much funnier than everyone does.
                                You have to get used to clever cloggs humour whether you like it or not. I don't always but you gotta deal with that anyway. GO84, you've come onto the forum expecting that the group mentality is to condemn someone who chooses to fight and appears to be successful in not paying for parking. You've used words like "pikey" and "nutter" and "crackpot" which are simply words that show a very closed mind and that is an issue for the nutters and crackpots on here .
                                let me put it this way, if you had read the most recent Moneysavingexpert email it covered the tv licence issue. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/latesttip/

the conversation that you have posted up does not show that the guy has breached that issue.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X