• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

The 'Act' of the Magna Carta perhaps most of which has been repealed, but the actual magna carta itself is our constitutional right so it cannot be repealed by an act of parliament, it has to be agreed by us.

Comment

The 'Act' of the Magna Carta perhaps most of which has been repealed,

You have now answered your own question

The Magna Carta itself, with the Bill of Rights of 1689 is a constitutional document

Those documents cannot be changed, but legislation can be that interprets those fundamental ideals can

Habeas Corpus as an example, it is not mentioned in the Magna Carta, (40) but was cemented into English law as to the bill of rights 1689

Habeas Corpus Act 1679

Comment

Originally posted by FORCEOFONE View Post
        Last comment

The only part of Magna Carta that still has lawful authority is Habeas Corpus WITH

39. No free man shall be seized or imprisoned, or stripped of his rights or possessions, or outlawed or exiled, or deprived of his standing in any other way, nor will we proceed with force against him, or send others to do so, except by the lawful judgment of his equals or by the law of the land.

40. To no one will we sell, to no one deny or delay right or justice. (HABEAS CORPUS)

YOU WILL HAVE TO DO BETTER THAN 1215, OR EVEN 1689
        I get the impression that whatever I say to you will not be good enough and happy to leave it at that, if you are here for intelligent adult debate please continue. I have spoken with respect at all times.

As stated in previous posts, I am here to question the status quo

Comment

A law does not have to be repealed to fall out of usage or be disregarded, look up desuetude. Many laws have never been repealed but are no longer relevant or binding in the courts.

Here is one
          It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by FORCEOFONE View Post
            The 'Act' of the Magna Carta perhaps most of which has been repealed,

You have now answered your own question

The Magna Carta itself, with the Bill of Rights of 1689 is a constitutional document

Those documents cannot be changed, but legislation can be that interprets those fundamental ideals can

Habeas Corpus as an example, it is not mentioned in the Magna Carta, (40) but was cemented into English law as to the bill of rights 1689

Habeas Corpus Act 1679
            I didn't have a question, you were the one asking me to prove it.

Comment

With all due respect

I have attended lectures and debates with law professors and district judges

I love intelligent debate

But debate founded on logical conclusions

Not subjective reasoning's with no statutory focus of reference

I will now vacate this thread

Comment

I knew it all long, even though I haven't studied law, I just knew that all these ancient laws weren't really applicable anymore and they couldn't be used as loopholes to get out of things like parking tickets and TV licences, the government just wouldn't have allowed this to be possible. We're not talking about basic human rights like the right to a fair trial, and the United Kingdom does not have a written constitution like the United States. I knew this 61shirley bloke on Youtube was just talking out of his arse. That's why I called him sad and misguided, Leclerc, I don't know why you found this so offensive.

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
                Here is one
                It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.
                I was under the impression it's not exactly illegal to urinate in public, but most of us wouldn't do it in full view of others anyway and would normally try to find a tree or bush (unless quite drunk)

Comment

Surely peeing in public IS illegal? Outraging public decency...indecent exposure..etc etc (apart from it being totally disgusting) If it isn't illegal,it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                    Surely peeing in public IS illegal? Outraging public decency...indecent exposure..etc etc (apart from it being totally disgusting) If it isn't illegal,it should be.

Hence people gat fined for the act if caught.

Comment

Depends what you mean by public. If you're in a park and you nip behind a bush, technically isn't that in public?

Yes, if you're standing in the middle of a pedestrian precinct in the daytime and you get your willy out and wee and everyone can see it, yes I can see that being deemed indecent exposure but a civilised, sober person would not do that anyway!

Comment

Tell you what go and ask at the Police station or free 30 minute consultation with solicitor, end all your enquiries.

Comment

Originally posted by GO84 View Post
                          Depends what you mean by public. If you're in a park and you nip behind a bush, technically isn't that in public?

You must be kidding? I'd say that's a one way ticket to being arrested.

Comment

What about a coach pulled up in a layby with the occupants in bushes, or piddling into a hedge, a passing copper would think it was Christmas. If the act is out of sight behind a bush, then arguably it is not in public.

Comment

Well, I'm not sure if he would bother doing them for that, but a line of coach travellers pissing in a layby would most likely be a bunch of foot ball hooligans so I think they deserve anything they get anyway.

Why does it censor foot ball (when written as one word of course)??!!

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                                Hence people gat fined for the act if caught.
                                Arrestable offence under Section 5 Public Order Act, or an £80 civil penalty, depends if he was waving his genitalia about for all to see

Not to mention D&D IF HE GOT LIPPY WITH THE COPPER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X