• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Originally posted by salsmoss View Post
    Also checkout your police force, they also amke money by on the spot fines and you can now be billed by the chief super not a court
    The chief superintendent has no authority to issue civil penalties

Civil penalties are imposed through delegated legislation or statutory instrument by the parent statutory Act of parliament.

The chief superintendent cant just issue these civil penalties on his own merit

All civil penalties have an appeals process

NOW, i am still waiting on a single case of a defence using common law jurisdiction that has been successful in a court of law

No waffle please, just facts

Comment

I have to admit defeat, this thread is way too intellectual for myself. I have webchecked my underpants for the local county council running a business in them, but even they were no where to be seen. I have see the "debt as money" video(do not even have to click the youtube video for that).

However, if we are saying that local government act like businesses then yep I completely agree on the basis of tendering processes so that it should allegedly offer value for money for us lot, the taxpayers. As for the rest, I need a lie down
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

everything is privateised, why do you think that when visiting your dr for say a lump you get put on a waiting list, if you have no money or health insurance, on the other hand if you have insurance you get sorted straight away, think about it
        Don't be so daft, that's just switching from the NHS (free but long waiting lists) to the private healthcare system (more efficient but will cost you) They are separate systems. You can't go to an NHS doctor and jump to the front of the queue by having private health insurance, you'd just be able to go to a different doctor at a different place.
        Last edited by GO84; 1st May 2013, 19:50:PM.

Comment

I will let you think about it for yourself, just keep your eyes open and look around and you will see it as plain as light, everyone wants your cash to stay in business, banks robbing customers accounts, councils into scrap metal dealing, police on the spot fines but the court processing centres will tell you to go to the police for details, prisoners running prisons in the scrap industry-welding-fruit and veg-in fact anything you can think of, prisoners being sent down for almost anything small, prisoners are now being told to work harder or lose prison perks, large companies such as tesco, argos, asda all using workfair free labour, companies selling your details for cash and it goes on and on. Open your eyes its getting worse every day.

And its going to get worse, something not quite right in our world is there.
          Last edited by salsmoss; 2nd May 2013, 11:23:AM.

Comment

Salsmoss, I'm not entirely sure where you're coming from (I don't know if your beliefs are like that of the bloke on youtube I was going on about earlier) but when people say things like that I think it sounds far too exaggerated. Not entirely untrue but not the real truth. Yes, it can easily feel like things revolve around money too much at times but I really do not think that there truly is something sinister connecting everything and deliberately leading us toward some kind of Orwellian dystopia. The world is not right but I think all the bad things happen because people clash against each other, not because there's a global conspiracy etc. The people who go on about that kind of thing, to me, do not sound like they are thinking for themselves at all or properly understand the reasons behind things they don't like. They call people who conform sheep, but I think they're just being sheep themselves, but in another herd. Like a herd made of black sheep.

Comment

everyone wants your cash to stay in business
              Well, DUH!

prisoners are now being told to work harder or lose prison perks
              Um, I really can't see anything wrong with that, as long as they aren't being denied food or anything. Or did you not mean real prison inmates?

Comment

SALSMOSS

Please, please

Just one defence that has been used in court that has been successful, you keep dodging the question

Comment

I will let you think about it for yourself, just keep your eyes open and look around and you will see it as plain as light, everyone wants your cash to stay in business, banks robbing customers accounts, councils into scrap metal dealing, police on the spot fines but the court processing centres will tell you to go to the police for details, prisoners running prisons in the scrap industry-welding-fruit and veg-in fact anything you can think of, prisoners being sent down for almost anything small, prisoners are now being told to work harder or lose prison perks, large companies such as tesco, argos, asda all using workfair free labour, companies selling your details for cash and it goes on and on. Open your eyes its getting worse every day.

And its going to get worse, something not quite right in our world is there.
                  What's the alternative to what you have stated since we live in a society where commerce gives us a job so that we earn money which we can then spend in these businesses that are being created and are receiving benefits as a result of that such as the goods we buy for that money?
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Salsmoss, while I agree with you that capitalism is not working and that there is far too much interest in profit I think that you have focussed your energies on the bad and ignored the good.
                    I can assure you that people are not being thrown into prison for more and more minor crimes and the cost of locking up prisoners is far greater than any potential profit. I do however believe that the use of people on community service to do tasks that should be done by councils is wrong and that they should be doing things that help community programs or individuals that need help.

However bad you think things are you need to remember that there are some good people in this world and on balance there are more good than bad

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                      I can assure you that people are not being thrown into prison for more and more minor crimes and the cost of locking up prisoners is far greater than any potential profit.
                      If anything people who have committed serious crimes (violent crimes, theft and so on) aren't being locked up for long enough (or prison's too comfortable for them)

Anyway what financial profit could there really be? The prison service is not a business.

Comment

I was not advocating different sentencing as I believe every offence is different . I was just making a statement that there are not more people being thrown into prison for less serious crimes

Comment

They will take your cash but where does it go? Justn thought i would add uk is in business with al quaida now for oil, nah not our gevernment surely.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/eu-lifts-oil-embargo-on-syria-buys-directly-from-al-qaeda/5333685

Comment

Originally posted by FORCEOFONE View Post
                            SALSMOSS

Please, please

Just one defence that has been used in court that has been successful, you keep dodging the question
                            i AM STILL WAITING FOR A REPLY SALSMOSS

Comment

The council changed from fines to parking charge notice due to this case i did word it wrong but were all human arent we, so if the government is now funding terrorists then i guess we are helping by paying unlawful parking fines, mind you they have been funding terrorists for many years and we sit down and watch them doing it cos their the government we put into power to rip us off.

You must also remember that the courts do work with the council and it just wouldnt be fair would it, conflict of interest, nah

Comment

The council changed from fines to parking charge notice due to this case i did word it wrong but were all human arent we, so if the government is now funding terrorists then i guess we are helping by paying unlawful parking fines, mind you they have been funding terrorists for many years and we sit down and watch them doing it cos their the government we put into power to rip us off.

You must also remember that the courts do work with the council and it just wouldnt be fair would it, conflict of interest, nah
                                Which case are you referring to ?

I am aware that parking some parking offence were decriminalized by the Road Traffic act 1991, and this was implemented by various councils(DPE), but I don't think that this was the result of any court case I am aware of.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X