• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excel Civil Enforcement - thugs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Excel Civil Enforcement - thugs

I was just thinking...yes there is a burning smell...about Post 80. Do I not have the right to a private and family life (Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights). Would taking photographs of my family home, for no CT enforcement reason be a breach of my right to a private and family life? Additionally, why is that the police would need to check their observations of me were in line with the Regulation of Investigatory Powers act (2000), but Excel Thugs don't - even thought they are employed and requested to undertake covert observations of me by Pembrokeshire County Council?
    Last edited by Rob0000; 6th August 2013, 17:13:PM. Reason: missed the end sentance

Comment

Originally posted by Rob0000 View Post
      I was just thinking...yes there is a burning smell...about Post 80. Do I not have the right to a private and family life (Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights). Would taking photographs of my family home, for no CT enforcement reason be a breach of my right to a private and family life? Additionally, why is that the police would need to check their observations of me were in line with the Regulation of Investigatory Powers act (2000), but Excel Thugs don't - even thought they are employed and requested to undertake covert observations of me by Pembrokeshire County Council?
      What you have highlighted could amount to Harassment, as per PfHA 1997 (as amended) or Causing Intentional Alarm, Distress or Harassment, as per the Public Order Act 1986. PCC are going to have to explain what Excel bailiffs were doing taking photographs of your home. If they don't, then I can see this matter landing in the LGO's In tray.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hasn't this very behaviour by Local Authorities and private organisations, as in spying on people, just become a very hot potato. May be worth a FOI into the use of covert surveillance by PCC on residents with council tax arrears

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
          What you have highlighted could amount to Harassment, as per PfHA 1997 (as amended) or Causing Intentional Alarm, Distress or Harassment, as per the Public Order Act 1986. PCC are going to have to explain what Excel bailiffs were doing taking photographs of your home. If they don't, then I can see this matter landing in the LGO's In tray.
          Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
          Hasn't this very behaviour by Local Authorities and private organisations, as in spying on people, just become a very hot potato. May be worth a FOI into the use of covert surveillance by PCC on residents with council tax arrears
          The usual problem is getting proof beyond reasonable doubt.

"Yer Honour, see, I'm a 'twitcher', & I was just trying to get a 'photo' of the greater-spotted Detterbird, a very reclusive specimen............honest!"

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

"Yer Honour, see, I'm a 'twitcher', & I was just trying to get a 'photo' of the greater-spotted Detterbird, a very reclusive specimen............honest!"

And Ron Davies was bothering badgers, allegedly...

Comment

In this case there is a written record, somewhere of his reasons for taking photos when i reported his registration to the police. I've still not heard back from plod as to what he did say he was doing. From where he was he can see nothing but my oil tank and house - not even a view of the miles of fields behind! I'm sure that would have been the day I had my Van to Remove fee had i not reported him. It would be a coincidence that a council appointed bailiff, who has been to my address before should suddenly have any other reason for taking pics of my house. I guess his camera has since suffered a fault so the images no longer exist, although if one could find the original SD card it can be recovered, and his camera data will show the date etc of images. He could argue that the date was set to the wrong date, in which case any evidence he may produce that requires photos would be invalid, and rather nicely this incident clearly demonstrates that bailiffs do take photos of property without ever getting out of thier car, as such cannot use a photo as proof of an official visit.

Any ideas how I can get plod to reply to their email sent from 101 to the officer involved? I did consider a DPA but why should I pay for something i'm already entitled to for free?!

I've just finished a night shift and so i'm waffling...sorry...

Comment

This is worth a read
                http://www.bigbrotherwatch.org.uk/ho...estigator.html
                http://www.bigbrotherwatch.org.uk/ho...html#more-5536
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

If you use anti-harassment laws, Charity, you have to select the most appropriate Act as your best weapon. The Public Order Act 1986 requires proof beyond all reasonable doubt, but Section 3, PfHA 1997 (as amended) is a civil remedy provision and is on balance of probability which, as you know, is a lesser burden. It also places the onus probandi on the person(s) whose conduct is in question as to whether they are acting lawfully or reasonably. You have, of course, the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 as another stick with which to beat those who abuse covert surveillance powers. The Human Rights Act is another as Excel who, in all probability, fall under its ambit as they are carrying out functions of local government on PCC's behalf and any private-sector company doing so is subject to the Act whether they like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                    And Ron Davies was buggering badgers, allegedly...
                    IFYPFY ! msl:

Comment

• Re: Excel Civil Enforcement - thugs

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                      IFYPFY ! msl:
                      How do you know that Ron Davies was doing unspeakable things to badgers, Cloggy?:grin:

Comment

How do you know that Ron Davies was doing unspeakable things to badgers, Cloggy?:grin:
                        I don't and I'm sure that he wasn't, but it was Clapham Common where buggery is not unknown.

Comment

I don't and I'm sure that he wasn't, but it was Clapham Common where buggery is not unknown.
                          So is Hampstead Heath. And before you ask, I got called there in the line of duty, whilst in the Met Police, to deal with persons seen loitering in the area.

I have to say, though, Cloggy, your comment about Ron Davies and badgers did make me laugh.

Comment

So is Hampstead Heath. And before you ask, I got called there in the line of duty, whilst in the Met Police, to deal with persons seen loitering in the area.
                            And with men who were such good friends that they went to the toilet together?

Comment

And with men who were such good friends that they went to the toilet together?
                              Believe it or not, that was quite a common excuse when they were challenged about their behaviour.

Comment

Believe it or not, that was quite a common excuse when they were challenged about their behaviour.
                                It's even in the Ladybird Book of the Policeman (revised edition) on page 40 - attached for anyone who has not seen it.
                                Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X