• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jacobs Bailiffs - clamped vehicle but will not take possesion of it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacobs Bailiffs - clamped vehicle but will not take possesion of it

starukkiwi, can i ask what was the outcome of this please? Friend has a similarish situation - certainly with the council answering what it decided her complaint was, rather than the actual complaint made.
    thanks
    demented

Comment

The outcome was the same letter sent by both Head of Revenue & CEO; however, my bag containing all correspondence was stolen on the train; we moved and now are living on a boat. So we left it but our next recourse was the ombudsman. Also, the bailiff concerned is due to have his licence renewed at Macclesfield and as it's on our cruising route, we just might put a complaint into the court. To be honest, we got out of the situation and council tax by changing lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by starukkiwi View Post
        The outcome was the same letter sent by both Head of Revenue & CEO; however, my bag containing all correspondence was stolen on the train; we moved and now are living on a boat. So we left it but our next recourse was the ombudsman. Also, the bailiff concerned is due to have his licence renewed at Macclesfield and as it's on our cruising route, we just might put a complaint into the court. To be honest, we got out of the situation and council tax by changing lifestyle.
        Do you know when the hearing is to renew the bailiff's certificate?
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi Bluebottle - we know his licence expires 20/12/2013; however, I am unsure as to a court date and was going to enquire at Macclesfield County Court next time we're up there.

Comment

Originally posted by starukkiwi View Post
            Hi Bluebottle - we know his licence expires 20/12/2013; however, I am unsure as to a court date and was going to enquire at Macclesfield County Court next time we're up there.
            If you are going to submit anything to to the court, I would suggest you telephone the court in question and ask if a date has been set and for what date. Once known, it would be wise to get any information the court should consider at the renewal hearing to the court as soon as possible. That way, the court will have the information in time and be able to question the bailiff about it at the hearing.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X