• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

breakdown of charges council tax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: breakdown of charges council tax

Hi got a reply back from S/G...

2)They were not passed the original liability order by Hillingdon council,and have ask me to contact them directly.
    3)They have send a copy of levy notice,levy fee's attendance charges have how been removed from my account (which they had to do cos they screwed up).LOL
    4)The £85 they have added for the letters delivered were delivered to my Dad's home ,not at my address were ive been since 2003.
    So this £85 for there letters is also unlawful?If so i don't own them anything.Is the council now responsible,could this be classed as fraud/trasspassing on private property looking through windows over fence's writing down items which ant even mine.
    Last edited by sanj; 7th November 2012, 17:17:PM.

Comment

May I suggest you remove the Bailiff's name.

Comment

I've looked the name upon the register and it does not exist there. Have they given the Court they say he is Certificated at?

Comment

Originally posted by sanj View Post

3)They have send a copy of levy notice,levy fee's attendance charges have how been removed from my account (which they had to do cos they screwed up).LOL No surprise there then
          4)The £85 they have added for the letters delivered were delivered to my Dad's home ,not at my address were ive been since 2003. I assume this is for 2 lots of Visit Fees, if done at the same time must be treated as a single item. Also if they have gone to a non-existent address for you because you moved from where the Liability Order then that is their problem and should be removed in its entireity.
          So this £85 for there letters is also unlawful?If so i don't own them anything.Is the council now responsible,could this be classed as fraud/trasspassing on private property looking through windows over fence's writing down items which ant even mine. may be hard to get a resolution to this.
          I would write to the Council as they are responsible for all of this and remind them oft heir Bailiffs ineptitude.

Comment

Have sent a email..il wait for there reply..ive removed bailiffs name.

Comment

Have sent a email..il wait for there reply..ive removed bailiffs name.they said he's registered at Medway county court.

Comment

Originally posted by sanj View Post
                Have sent a email..il wait for there reply..ive removed bailiffs name.they said he's registered at Medway county court.
                To check you would need to contact Medway & find out when the Certificate was granted and if it was an initial or renewal, if a renewal then what date did the prior one run out and what Court was that held at.

Comment

Hi. got a letter from S/G this morning this is what they wrote:
                  The law of distress authorise us to go anyway in England and Wales to attempt to levy distress.It is not necessary for a bailiff to physically touch the goods that he is levying upon nor must must a letter be handed to the charge payer in order for a visit to a property to be valid and the charges for such a visit to be legal.
                  We note that once it had been ascertained that the goods levied upon did not belong to you we have removed the levy fee of £26 and attendance fee of £125 from your account.We are therefore satisfied that our bailiffs have acted correctly and the remaining fee's apply to your account have been correctly charged.

Comment

can go anywhere and levy distress?
                    on whoes property then anybodies what ballcocks?

Comment

there was a court case on this where the baliff did a levy by looking through a window and not "laid hands" on the goods in person

judge concluded that practice was bogus and the baliff got his wrist slapped

Comment

Yes quite right too..

But as the address the Humpty Dumpty Bailiff went to was wrong incorrect and the address on the L/O was
                        different how can they possible bill me for it,If they went to 10 Downing St instead,would i still get bill for it.

Comment

Yes, and I would forward it to Mssrs Cameron and Cleggggg. On a serious note, get in touch with the Head of Revenues in Hillington Council and give him a right rollicking. That will sort out this mess.

Comment

LOs and Distress Warrants are specific to a person and an address. If a person has moved home, the bailiff is supposed to return the LO/Warrant to the local authority or court of issue for cancellation and re-issue with the new address on it. A bailiff's legal protection against being sued for trespass is usually linked to the address on an LO/Warrant. S & G have displayed an alarming lack of knowledge and understanding of the Law of Distress and, I suspect, they have been selective in which bits they have quoted.

Ask S & G to quote the exact legal provision they are relying on to justify what they are saying. I would not be at all surprised if they were unable to do this.

Keep putting pressure on S & G. They know they've messed-up and they seem determined to come out of this with some financial benefit. However, the circumstances indicate they are not entitled to any financial remuneration of any description whatsoever.
                            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I will,i know there trying to worm them self out of this mess...I will write to the Council and ask them to explain there bailiffs actions.Mickey Mouse Bailiffs LOL ...cheers

Comment

A Bailiff's Certificate once awarded empowers him to levy distress at any address in England or Wales. I suppose it depends on interpretation of that but mostly I imagine it means he could work in Cornwall or Cumbria, Suffolk or Anglesey. They are stretching things in my view using it as they say. Flannel & soap go together.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X