• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PHILIPS Notice of Attendance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PHILIPS Notice of Attendance

Originally posted by FahanChoudhury View Post
    Thank you all for your responses, it is very much appreciated. I have not moved since the date of the offence. I don't think I received an FSN so I will attempt to contact the HMCTS manager tomorrow. How do I go about doing this?

From what I've read above, I think it's best to contact the HMCTS manager and seek their advice. I'm guessing they are there to help us and not to trick us into paying extra???

I'll keep you updated as soon as I've made contact. Once again, thank you all for your help. What an absolutely wonderful site this is
    Ring the court switchboard and ask for the direct telephone number of the HMCTS Enforcement Manager. The most you should have to pay is £430 made up as follows -

Fine = £130.00
    Admin Fee = £85.00
    Attendance Fee = £215.00 (if applicable)

The Attendance Fee can only be charged if they physically knock on your door and speak to you. Pushing an envelope through your door would not, in my considered opinion, amount to an attendance unless they can prove you were not in when they called. Using a person who is not a certificated bailiff to push these envelopes through debtors doors is a common tactic and, strictly speaking, is not permitted.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thank you all for your responses. I contacted the courts today and after speaking to the Enforcement Officer, I found out there was no actual Warrant issued. I than had to contact Central Finance, who after reading the various communications between myself and Philips, realised that Philips may not have followed the right procedure. I've had to write in to the Courts today and they MAY reduce the bill back down to the original £45. Here's hoping

I'll keep this post updated. Once again, thank you all for your help.

Comment

You may be asked to attend the court and swear a Statutory Declaration. So be prepared for this. I will keep my finger crossed for you as for HMCTS to find one of their contracted enforcement agents has not followed correct procedures and admit it is something rare.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X