• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

advice please reduce payments ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice please reduce payments ?

hi all i was wondering if any one could give me some advice as to how to reduce monthly payments to a baliff . my son lives with me and has currently had some magistrate fine motoring affences , unfortunatly he did not pay the fine wich where managable at the time typicle young man. well the fine accumilated due to baliff fees and written letters ect. a baliff came to my door looking for my son to sort out payment . so my son called the baliff it had accumalated in to £1500aprox with baliff fees ect. so my son contacted the baliff who he arranged to meet the baliff insisted he pay the full about an imposibility ! he said if my son didnt pay the full ammount he will come and take any thing belonging to my son. and if he had no proof as to what was mine or my sons he would take the what he needed to pay the debt. it has realy frightend my son and i. as i do not keep reciepts for good and to be very honest 99% of my home consists of what has been given to me or second hand. my son has a few items but they are being brought from a catalogue .witch he purchased whilst he was with his partner a long while ago and is still making payments to her for them. and a car wich he needs to get to and throw from work ect. he is working full time. he made a down payment of £400 .by every one putting to to gehther as much as we could his wages are £250 a week paid monthy .he pays money for his son's upkeep to his x partner. has to pay his catalogue ect a loan from the bank for his car .petrol to work.ect and rent the baliff is charging him 250pounds monthly payments untill the debt is paid. he is finding it impossible to keep the payments up as he is now falling behind with his loan and other bills to pay the baliff. he has asked the baliff for more time to pay at a lower rate but the baliff insists he has to pay the £250.he has paid two installments or more already but he is desperate for help can any one please give us some firm advice that we can use to sole this desperate situation. i know as doe's my son that he should have paid at first. but he is willing and has been trying so very hard to pay this fine and fees .
    Tags: None

Re: advice please reduce payments ?

Have a read of this,and come back with any further questions you have:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...s-Courts-Fines

Comment

How much in total are the fines? The maximum fees the bailiff company can charge is £300 and no more. Your son may need to get in contact with the local HMCTS Enforcement Manager as regards the conduct of the bailiff and bailiff company.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Has your son asked to see the Warrant the Bailiff has? Would it be likely it has an old address on it? There is also a chance the Warrant may be out of date!

Comment

Just as a matter of interest, is the bailiff company involved Marston Group, by any chance?
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X