• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please advise - Jacobs bailiffs!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please advise - Jacobs bailiffs!

Hi,

Last year we got a parking ticket from the local council for parking on double yellow lines outside my brothers house. We were there for a few minutes whilst I put my 3 kids in the car as it was late at night. I disputed the ticket but it was rejected. Today we have a letter from Jacobs staing that we need to contact the bailiff and pay in full within 48 hours. The original fine was £80 this letter states we now owe £417.44. Question is what do I do now?? Please help x
    Tags: None

Re: Please advise - Jacobs bailiffs!

This should help:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences

Comment

Thanks, I read this but couldn't really make sense of it. I'm easily confused :s

Comment

I'm attaching some legislation to this post that will show what fees Jacobs are legally permitted to charge. From what you have said, it sounds like they have imposed fees the law does not permit them to charge. I have also attached the most up-to-date edition of the MoJ's National Standards for Enforcement Agents. If the PCN was issued by a London Borough, please say and I will attach a piece of legislation that applies to the London area.
        Attached Files
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thank you.
          It's wasn't in London, the council that issued it was Redcar and Cleveland council, I have just noticed a typing error, they are stating I owe £317.44 not 417. 44.

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffe83 View Post
            Thank you.
            It's wasn't in London, the council that issued it was Redcar and Cleveland council, I have just noticed a typing error, they are stating I owe £317.44 not 417. 44.
            It doesn't make any difference. The fees sound excessive. The onus is on Jacobs to prove their legitimacy.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

This is the bit you need. If you follow the link in my post above you will see this section. I hope this helps.

.........you need to file a Statutory Declaration, Out of Time (see below):

The respondent must send to the Centre –
              (1) a completed application notice (form PE 2 may be used for applications relating to statutory declarations and form TE 7 may be used for applications relating to witness statements); and
              (2) a completed –
              (a) statutory declaration in form PE 3; or
              (b) witness statement in form TE 9.
              (Forms PE 2, PE 3, TE 7 and TE 9 can be obtained from the Centre at Northampton County Court, Bulk Centre, 21/27 St. Katharine's Street, Northampton NN1 2LH. (Telephone number: 08457 045007))

If you file a Statutory Declaration, Out of Time, you should tell the bailiff and provide them with evidence. On receiving an acceptable application, the TEC will notify the Local Authority concerned, and give them 19 working days to either accept or reject the application.

If accepted, the application will be treated as ‘in time’ and the Court registration will be revoked. The matter is then referred back to the Local Authority who will decide on their next action. If rejected, the application will be referred to a Court Officer at the TEC for an impartial decision to be made.

Bailiffs tend to add highly inflated fees to these accounts. If you suspect this may be the case, you should write to them using Letter 1 from HERE

Comment

How were you "done"? How & what argument did you use to dispute the ticket? Did you receive the Notice to Owner etc? Have you asked to see the Warrant the Bailiff has?

Comment

I disputed it and just stated what happened, the local council car park that is provided was closedue to being resurfaced so I parked nearby inaMorrisons supermarket car park. When u was leaving to go hone it was dark, the supermarket car park is unlit so I moved my car to the front of my brothers house (double yellow livnes) so I could put my children in the car and say bye. The ticket stated I was observed from 8.5tpm to 9pm which they said is enough time to establish whether or not I was just loading or unloading.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X