• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unfair extra charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfair extra charges

Hi everyone i would like to share my brief encounter with JBW.

skipping all the crap that happen with the courts, i was referred to jbw without warning. On the 21-23rd of sep i received a letter from jbw asking for the payment of £221 to made within 14 working days. The letter was dated 07 sep once i read this i knew immediately the letter was either posted late or arrived late. As it was a Friday afternoon i had to wait until Monday to to call them.

phone call:
    the call went on for about 10 minuets, the adviser was rude and simply did not give a crap she even refused to give me more time to come up with the money after explaining my situation. I also received a letter from them that same Monday letting me know that the fine had gone up to £499.84.

Out of fear that the fine would go to even higher and into ridiculous unaffordable amounts I made a payment in full through their automated service.

I feel like i have been daylight robbed out of an extra 300 pounds or so, i just want to know is there anything i can do to get back some of my money? can i demand proof of when they actually sent out the letter? is there some way i can trace the letter through royal mail and find out why it took so long to deliver the letter? (if they are to blame)

Any advice is welcome, thank you for reading
    Last edited by Sapphire; 1st October 2012, 19:18:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Unfair extra charges

What was it for?

Comment

Could you tell us what this was for, please? What date was on the postmark on the envelope?
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

It was for a parking fine.

Comment

There is no date on the envelope, from what i can see. Just a logo that says "primepost" securedmail. Also it has "postage paid" with some kind of ref number printed on the envelope so am assuming its not hand delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by genop12 View Post
            There is no date on the envelope, from what i can see. Just a logo that says "primepost" securedmail. Also it has "postage paid" with some kind of ref number printed on the envelope so am assuming its not hand delivered.
            Like a lot of companies JBW are using ultra snail mail for their post - usually takes up to 8 days or more to arrive.

Comment

Have you asked for a breakdown of the charges they have applied?

Comment

actually i had 7 days to pay the original outstanding amount from the date on the letter... so this is their sneaky trick to make more money?

Comment

i have not tbh i read in one of the earlier posts someone had a similar issue(same company) where the amount owed was raised to £499.84 and they had asked for the breakdown. So i don't expect mine will be any different but i will check it out just to be sure. my money is gone right?

Comment

Were you aware of the original offence? Had you moved since the offence was committed?

Comment

JBW are already in the brown and smelly stuff with a local authority over their bailiffs illegally seizing someone's car. The local authority is having to pay Special Damages for trespass, plus damages for loss of use, amongst other things. My gut-feeling is that unless Jamie Waller gets a grip on his bailiffs and kicks them into touch, he could risk losing, rather than securing, contracts for enforcement work.

Comment

the original offense was not even committed by me. Maybe it was a mistake or fraud.. no idea all i know is a car was registered in my name without my knowledge. Once i received the unexpected odd parking fine (second letter) i checked in with dvla and disputed ownership of this vehicle and was told to put it in writing 3 weeks later.. dvla sent me a letter saying they have updated their records and i am no longer the owner of the vehicle. I then sent this to the people that fined me but my case was referred to HM courts & tribunals service so i sent them the forms instead. They sent them back saying i need to fill in another form etc... third time they returned my documents asking me to fill in a out of time witness statement. between working, studying and life honestly i can't recall weather or not i sent the completed form back to them third time round, i can't seem to find them anywhere at home so i must have! They certainly did not respond or warn me b4 passing me on to JBW.
                        Last edited by Sapphire; 1st October 2012, 20:56:PM.

Comment

In my view you urgently need to see what you did do as I do not see the point of having to pay for something you were never responsible for.

Comment

Check with HMCTS and find out what has happened. The local authority involved are going to have some explaining to do.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X