• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rossendales final notice - help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rossendales final notice - help?

Hi there, I'm new to this forum but having read through numerous threads I'm very impressed with the information and advice provided. I have a large debt problem and part of it is the involvement of Rossendales on 2 unpaid council tax bills. One is on a notice of bailliffs attendance & the other on a final notice. Yesterday I finally got help with my debts through a debt management company & was hugely relieved to learn that from now on I only need quote my debt management case number to creditors & the rest would be dealt with by them. However, Rossendales are not playing ball, in fact when I phoned to tell my very unfriendly bailliff of this he laughed, said I don't care, I'll see you in the morning & hung up. The head office were just as unhelpful & merely made of note of my call. So this very morning I am nervously sat in my house, car parked miles away, awaiting the knock on my door. He has not up to this point had access into my house & I don't intend on allowing him either, but do I speak to him through the letterbox & record the conversation, or just pretend I'm not in?
    Tags: None

Re: Rossendales final notice - help?

Hi Janey and welcome to Legal Beagles.

If the bailiff from Rossendales turns up, do not open any doors to them. Does the local authority involved know a debt management company (DMC) is handling your financial affairs? If not, they need to know immediately. Rossendales hold a debt collection licence issued to them by the OFT. A condition of this licence is that they do not side-step or attempt to side-step any debt manager or legal representative who is acting on your behalf. Non-compliance with this is a breach of their licence.

Speak to your local authority today, if at all possible. Don't be put off by any statements like, "You need to deal with the bailiff." There is nothing in law that states you have to deal with the bailiff or, even, speak to them. Be firm with the local authority involved and expect them to get agitated when they realise you won't bow and scrape to them.

Come back onto this thread with updates, please.

BB
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I have had letters recently from Rossendales threatening that if i dont pay what i owe they will take this further, this is for a debt from 1995
      I took out a virgin credit card,and got into difficulty because of their high intetrest rates, i was paying about £50 intetest and only £5 off my debt, i had to stop paying because basically i ran out of money,
      Dont i have to be taken to court before a baliff can start threatening

Comment

Originally posted by valeriej43 View Post
        I have had letters recently from Rossendales threatening that if i dont pay what i owe they will take this further, this is for a debt from 1995
        I took out a virgin credit card,and got into difficulty because of their high intetrest rates, i was paying about £50 intetest and only £5 off my debt, i had to stop paying because basically i ran out of money,
        Firstly you would be better starting a new thread about this but probably not in the Bailiff Forum.

I suspect the letter you have will be from Rossendales Collect who are the debt collecting arm of the company. However it wouldn't surprise me if you said the letter was headed saying "Rossendales Bailiffs & High Court Enforcement" - not strictly unlawful but close to it.

Comment

When did you last make any payment to this debt? Have you explored reclaiming all the interest/charges? was there any PPI? Depending on your answer to the first question...it could be your debt is statute barred!!!!

pespsie

Comment

Sorry the date taken out was 2005, on credit report it says status of account unknown, 1st default date june2008, then 2nd default date 2012
            Nothing recorded from 2006 -2012f irst went to Aktiv Capital, then Arrow Global, now passed to Rossendales
            account marked as closed, cant see anything else .says premium only
            Not looked into reclaiming interest/charges,as i dont think they would cover what is outstanding, much more now than original debt,
            Credit report also says no date payments started
            Rossendales letter says "professional debt collectors
            PS, If i start a new thread ,what under please

Comment

I might have started paying again when someone came to the door,which is probably why it was put in default in June 2008, but cant remember who it was for,

Comment

Rossendales letter says "professional debt collectors
                PS, If i start a new thread ,what under please
                http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ction-Agencies

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                  Firstly you would be better starting a new thread about this but probably not in the Bailiff Forum.

I suspect the letter you have will be from Rossendales Collect who are the debt collecting arm of the company. However it wouldn't surprise me if you said the letter was headed saying "Rossendales Bailiffs & High Court Enforcement" - not strictly unlawful but close to it.
                  It is a breach of OFT Debt Collection Guidelines (Deceitful Practices). This should be reported to OFT Credit Fitness Team as Rossendales hold a Category F Licence.
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

New thread started in Debt section

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X