• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Equita - congestion charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equita - congestion charges

Hi there, I am in desperate need of help and advice. I have 12 congestion charge fines outstanding and they are currently with Equita.
    The notices were being sent to my previous address and this has only come to light as tenants at my previous add contacted me to say there was a bailiff at the door for me.
    i called the call centre to provide my correct address and they couldnt give me the figure that was due and would not allow me to arrange a payment plan. they told me to speak with the bailiff and he was obviously extremely unhelpful. he has said i must pay all in full and he will not accept a payment plan. i have no equity or no car any more and nothing of value in my home. i just dont know how im ever going to be able to pay the bailiffs. my debt management plan have said i have to deal with the bailiffs directly as it is a government fine. i feel like there is no way out and its really getting my stressed out. any help would be extremely appreciated. thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Equita - congestion charges

First rule of dealing with bailiffs...THEY LIE.

If you didn't know about the congestion charge penalties and don't have a car, how come TfL sent the notices to your previous address? Btw, the bailiff has to surrender the court that issued it for it to be re-issued with your current address, unless it states it can be executed anywhere in England and Wales.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

thanks very much for your response. they are from when i did have a car end of last year. i moved in Dec / Jan and post was being 'forwarded' by tenants. obviously not the case. suppose i will just have to wait until bailiff is knocking at my new house! thanks

Comment

Am I reading this as you incurred the charges, you then moved and disposed of/sold your car and everything has gone to an old address? Have the tenants informed the Bailiff of your new address?

From what I understand the Bailiff should return each Warrant & they should then be re-issued to your new address but at the rate of the original charge. Neither tfl or the Bailiff are overly concerned as both just want their money regardless of the proper lawful process.

Comment

As Ploddertom points out, TfL and Equita are subject to proper lawful process, whether they like it or not. If they do not comply with proper lawful process, they will find themselves running into problems of a legal nature.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

thanks both you've taken away alot of stress. ive been feeling so depressed because of this and feel like there has been no way out. so thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X