• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Really need your advice re: JBW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Really need your advice re: JBW

I have FINALLY managed to get through to the lady who is ment to be dealing with this, she confirmed she has put the bailiffs on hold for 28days(6th Sept) whilst they look into it, i explained that i need a decision before the 19th Aug as this is my cut off date if i want to file an N244, I also explained that if they re instate the bailiffs i will have to quit my job so i need to find out today what is happeneing! She is getting back to me in 10mins!!!! Eeeeekkkk!!!!!

Comment

YAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY They have forever pulled off the bailiffs and going to resend the original fine and i have to pay the beginning fine cost of £65 on the grounds my situation is vulnerable being carer for my mum!!!!

Oh my god i cannot tell you how happy i am, if i haven't received the fine by Monday i have to call them back!! Thank you so much everyone for all your support help and advice, you certainly have got me through this awful situation!!! I'm just so relieved!!!!! :-))))))) ........ Michelle x

Comment

Originally posted by mlc View Post
        YAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY They have forever pulled off the bailiffs and going to resend the original fine and i have to pay the beginning fine cost of £65 on the grounds my situation is vulnerable being carer for my mum!!!!

Oh my god i cannot tell you how happy i am, if i haven't received the fine by Monday i have to call them back!! Thank you so much everyone for all your support help and advice, you certainly have got me through this awful situation!!! I'm just so relieved!!!!! :-))))))) ........ Michelle x
        Excellent, well done

D

Comment

Thank you Davyb, your continuous support has been greatly appreciated.......

I know some may think i should fight the £65 and not pay it but i can't, this has worn me out with worry and i just want to see the back of it all!!!

Comment

I take it that you're happy with the outcome, Michelle? Lol! Persistence does pay off, as you have found, and that coming onto forums, like Legal Beagles, can help you immensely in overcoming what looks, on the face of it, an insurmountable problem. I'm really happy for you and well done.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thank you Davyb, your continuous support has been greatly appreciated.......

I know some may think i should fight the £65 and not pay it but i can't, this has worn me out with worry and i just want to see the back of it all!!!
              Hi

No if you can , get it paid and forget about the whole thing.
              Did you take note of the persons name that you spoke to on the phone not that it should matter but it may be an idea to jot it down whilst you remember it if you did.

D

Comment

Well done mlc so happy for you, so much for the big bully bailiff then, well done.

Comment

Hahahaha, just a tad happy, before i found this wonderful site and all you lovely kind people i would probably be rocking in the corner of the room with no car,no job,no care for my mum and about to be sectioned, well maybe thats a bit exaggerated,but it was getting me all so down!!! i know if it hadn't gone my way with the council that all you lovely people would of helped me with the bailiffs :-))

Comment

Hahahaha, just a tad happy, before i found this wonderful site and all you lovely kind people i would probably be rocking in the corner of the room with no car,no job,no care for my mum and about to be sectioned, well maybe thats a bit exaggerated,but it was getting me all so down!!! i know if it hadn't gone my way with the council that all you lovely people would of helped me with the bailiffs :-))
                    You did it yourself mic.
                    Perhaps you will keep an eye on the forum , you may be able to help someone else now that you are an old hand.

D

Comment

MLC all the advice you have had we will be sending you a notice of demand for administrative costs and should be paid within 28 days or we will send bailiffs hahahahaha JOKE!!!

Comment

hahahahahahaha LEGALESE...... love it!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by davyb View Post
                          HI

Just had a word with a colleague at the TS, he says that providing templates and covering costs is ok, but when you take a cut of any refunds, it comes under claims management, and for that you need a licence.

D
                          I don't need a license because I do not trade in Payment Protection Insurance.

I use a solicitor (an old friend) to sign off court papers that are court-facing. In this case I am paid as a paralegal draughtsman working under a solicitor. This is how we make money on Reg 46 and Reg 15 distress complaints in the magistrates' court.

It also gives me an extra line of legal scrutiny on my draft documents before they are filed at court.

I never sign documents on behalf of a client, unless the client wants it on solicitor notepaper (fee applies)

If I attend court as a McKenzie (Form 4 and Reg 46's) for post-enforcement goods and fee recovery, then the client presents themselves before the court. I am the chaperone to stop barristers for the council and the bailiffs from cajoling the client to drop the complaint.

For the smaller cases, such as simple fee irregularity claims, and cases where goods and vehicles have not been taken by bailiffs, it's just a fixed £20 for templates which the client can self-administer.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Contrails View Post
                            I don't need a license because I do not trade in Payment Protection Insurance.

I use a solicitor (an old friend) to sign off court papers that are court-facing. In this case I am paid as a paralegal draughtsman working under a solicitor. This is how we make money on Reg 46 and Reg 15 distress complaints in the magistrates' court.

It also gives me an extra line of legal scrutiny on my draft documents before they are filed at court.

I never sign documents on behalf of a client, unless the client wants it on solicitor notepaper (fee applies)

If I attend court as a McKenzie (Form 4 and Reg 46's) for post-enforcement goods and fee recovery, then the client presents themselves before the court. I am the chaperone to stop barristers for the council and the bailiffs from cajoling the client to drop the complaint.

For the smaller cases, such as simple fee irregularity claims, and cases where goods and vehicles have not been taken by bailiffs, it's just a fixed £20 for templates which the client can self-administer.
                            I don't have enough expertise in this area to comment further , however my contact did say that the MOJ certification is not just to cover management companies reclaiming PPI or credit debts. I am aware that solicitors are exempt, but that is not what you are saying i don't think.

I will seek further clarification

D

Comment

Well done Michelle!!

Comment

Morning all!!! ....and a very sunny one at that!!!

I received a copy of the fine in the post just now, and after an initial ! Ergh i now recall the occasion, however i thought i had parked on a dropped kerb going into a closed up derelict building, ididnt exactly park and walk away from the car, the car had my hazards on which is visable in the photo as i was loading some towels that had been donated to my doggie rescue org i have and then i drove off, nevermind, try to do a good deed and get penalised!!! Going to post payment off today and hopefully done and dusted then :-)))

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X