• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jacobs passing CT collections on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs passing CT collections on

Hi All,

Just had a knock at the door this morning from a Bailiff from Bristow and Sutor - I just said sorry don't deal with bailiffs and closed the door in his face, firstly Jacobs had this and got no where - are they allowed to pass it elsewhere?

The bailiff came back 10 minutes later and shoved a letter through the door listing a car he was levying on - it's my girlfriends car, in her name and registered at her address, I contacted Bristows and informed them and they asked me to provide proof so I scanned and emailed the ownership papers - if they try to levy on that car after providing proff its not mine what can be done?

Jayce
    Tags: None

Re: Jacobs passing CT collections on

Originally posted by bigjayce View Post
    Hi All,

Just had a knock at the door this morning from a Bailiff from Bristow and Sutor - I just said sorry don't deal with bailiffs and closed the door in his face, firstly Jacobs had this and got no where - are they allowed to pass it elsewhere? The Council may pass it on to as many Bailiff Co's they want.

The bailiff came back 10 minutes later and shoved a letter through the door listing a car he was levying on - it's my girlfriends car, in her name and registered at her address, I contacted Bristows and informed them and they asked me to provide proof so I scanned and emailed the ownership papers - if they try to levy on that car after providing proff its not mine what can be done? What did you provide them with, if a V5 then remember that just lists the Registered Keeper and not the legal owner, however as the address will show differently it should be OK.

Jayce
    May I ask how much you owe and what you propose to do to make payments?

Comment

I currently owe £600 and make payments of what i can afford directly through the councils website

Comment

Originally posted by bigjayce View Post
        I currently owe £600 and make payments of what i can afford directly through the councils website
        To make payments to the Council you need to pay a regular amount at set times - £5 every Thursday for example. This proves you are a person who has difficulty in paying and not a non-payer. It also quickly builds a payment history should the Council decide to take further action - Committal proceedings possibly - as it then makes life difficult for them to prove you have not paid.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X