• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN bailiffs on my door

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN bailiffs on my door

I got a PCN I rang equita to pay them two months ago. They refusedto take the £150 saying u need to wait for the bailiff visit. I got a visit from bailiff last week stating that I owe £421. I rang him to ask how it got there he hung up on me and threatened he will be coming to remove goods from my house. I have got a different car now parked on my drive. Can the bailiff tow it away. Pls help I am worried. I am willing to pay in instalments but the bailiff will not accept.
    Tags: None

Re: PCN bailiffs on my door

Originally posted by Pat16 View Post
    I got a PCN I rang equita to pay them two months ago. They refusedto take the £150 saying u need to wait for the bailiff visit. I got a visit from bailiff last week stating that I owe £421. I rang him to ask how it got there he hung up on me and threatened he will be coming to remove goods from my house. I have got a different car now parked on my drive. Can the bailiff tow it away. Pls help I am worried. I am willing to pay in instalments but the bailiff will not accept.
    PCN - was it a Parking Charge Notice or a Penalty Charge Notice

Comment

Is your new car on any finance, HP or lease? If so get copies of your agreement to show should he try to seize it. If not on finance or bought with a personal loan then park it well away from your property as it will be fair game. Whatever happens do NOT allow him entry to your home. Is there a particular reason why you did not pay originally? Do you have a record of their refusal to accept payment?

Comment

It's a parking ticket. I forgot about it as I had moved houses. I spoke to someone on the phone who refused payment. I don't have it in writing. I have requested for a breakdown of the charges

Comment

Am I correct in assuming everything was sent to your old address? If that is the case then contact the Traffic Enforcement Centre and ask they send you the Out of Time Forms by email which as long as they are sent back to them before 4pm will be dealt with the same day and any Bailiff action should be rescinded. The process reverses the ticket back to the original sum when it was issued.

Comment

Do you have the contact number for the traffic enforcement centre pls. Thank u for ur helpful advice

Comment

0845 7045007

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X