• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jacobs Bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs Bailiffs

Hi, i've received a letter from Jacobs Bailiffs demanding £259.28 according to them it's for a liability order which was issued in June 2008..!!! Prior to this letter i've had no communication from the local council regarding this debt and it also refers to a previous address and since 2008. what can i do about the local council who seems to be a little quick in sending bailiffs and whom despite being told that it's been 4 years that the liabilty was issued tell me that they can't stop the recovery...??

Thanks
    David
    Tags: None

Re: Jacobs Bailiffs

I can't access it to paste a link for you today, but if you go to the bailiffs tab at the top of the page and look under either Council Tax or Useful Letters, you'll find a list of things to ask the council. Phone them tomorrow morning and ask them these things. It's basically how many LO's, date obtained, what for, amount of LO etc... I can't remember the whole list off the top of my head.

Once you know what it's for, post up again and we will be better able to help.

Comment

Re: Jacobs Bailiffs

In addition to Labman's advice, when you have the information about any Liability Orders from the local authority and the court(s) they obtained them from, ring the court(s) involved and confirm this is correct. I am dealing with a case, on another consumer forum, where a local authority has lied about being granted a Liability Order. The court they claim they obtained the LO from has confirmed, in writing, no LO was ever granted. So, ALWAYS check with the court(s). DON'T take what local authorities at face value.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X