• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Magistrate's Court Order letter received from Marston! Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magistrate's Court Order letter received from Marston! Help!

Hello, I've just registered after reading through a few of the posts here.

I have received a letter from Marston's stating that they 'are in possession of a Magistrate's court order for the non payment of a court fine' and if I don't pay the full balance (£360) in 7 days they are sending bailiff's round to 'levy distress and remove goods for sale by public auction'.
    Obviously reading more info everywhere I am quite frightened as apparently they are able to break into my house as it is for non payment of a court fine.

I've phoned them up asking to pay by instalments, naturally they declined and said that if I didn't let the bailiffs in they could return with the police and gain entry. When I asked them what type of warrant they had they said it was 'warrant of execution'.

I phoned the National Debt helpline who advised me to write to the fines officer at the courts and ask them to take my debt back. I have no idea of what to write, and I can't find a template anywhere on the internet!! (Trust me, I've been searching!) Even if I do write to them, how long will this take? The bailiffs can come at any time to my house. I work full time, my partner works part time and is literally frightened to death

Can anyone help please?

Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Magistrate's Court Order letter received from Marston! Help!

Do you have any knowledge of said fine? Have you had a Further Steps Notice from the Court asking you to bring the account to order? Have a read through http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...s-Courts-Fines

Comment

Hiya Soapy,

welcome to LB, always good to have a new member

Firstly, dont panic. Have a read of this sticky which tells you how to what you can do,
      http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...s-Courts-Fines

this is a link to a form to have the debt returned,
      http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...1-Useful-Links

With a Magistrates’ Court fine, if the bailiff is pursuing you for an unpaid fine for a criminal offence they do have the right to force entry. Usually this is used as a threat, but in these circumstances, the threat should never be taken lightly. The rules only apply to the Magistrates’ Court though, they do not cover things such as unpaid council tax, unpaid business rates, CSA arrears, parking fines and congestion charges and others.

Comment

I found www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk very helpful.

My partner had a visit from a bailiff (a rude, young thug) collecting the balance of a speeding fine (£60/3 points - naughty girl).

So many aspects of his visit were simply wrong - I paid him simply to get rid of him, but digging around the 'Dealing with Bailiffs' site has proven to be extremely useful.

It covers a lot of topics, and is well worth a slow, leisurely read.

I will be taking issue with thug's employers, and ultimately the Magistrate's Court.

Will keep you all posted, pinkie promise.

Todge.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X