• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Equita- may have levied on my car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equita- may have levied on my car

Hi all,

I owe BCC £295.83. Equita are tring to charge me £338.33. (£42.50 visit fee's I assume).

Ive had a second hand delivered bayliff letter this morning, 1st one was Wednesday 13th & the 1st letter I recieved from the Equita office was dated 6th but received on Monday 11th.

I called Equita on the 11th and offered a payment plan, but they said if I don't make a payment today then they can't stop any action - I had no money on Monday so couldn't make a payment, I said I could make full payment by end of month but they weren't interested....2 days later I get a bayliff letter.

I tried to call the office on Wednesday but their systems were down or something and couldn't get through. I get another letter first thing this morning, before I'd got out of bed. My worry is the bayliff has levied on my car, which was parked on the road outside.

I've tried to call the office and was given the bayliff's details to call. I asked why can't I just make a payment direct to them as I have part of the money now? They said they can't take payment, its with the bayliff. I don't care who I pay, I just want to make a payment without any additional fees being levied!

I don't want him visiting again. My new partner has no idea my council tax debt has been passed to bayliffs yet and I don't really want him knowing - its my mess and I can get it sorted myself. I just don't want him opening the door to the bayliff - he sleeps during the day and won't be happy at being woken!

I've left 2 messages for the bayliff this morning, he hasn't called me back yet. I can make full payment end of the month if I have to, but would prefer to pay over 3 months on payment plan.

Any advice gratefully received.
    Last edited by annalou24; 15th June 2012, 13:18:PM. Reason: spelling!
    Tags: None

Re: Equita- may have levied on my car

Oh and the bayliff doesn't appear to be listed as certificated on that site either.

Comment

Hi Annalou,

Please read this:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...67-Council-Tax

You would know if they had levied on your car. You can and should pay the council directly (NOT the bailiffs) via the automated telephone system or online. The council tell you they cannot take payment, but they are lying, they can, but choose not to.

Have a read, make an affordable weekly payment, regular as clockwork via one of the above methods and park your car a few streets away for a while. As long as the bailiff does not gain access and cannot levy on anything outside, the most they can charge is the £42.50 in England. The bailiff may threaten all sorts, but please trust me, as long as you stick to the above, you'll be fine. Have a read through other bailiff posts if you are doubtful.

Don't worry, and don't be intimidated by the bailiff. You will pay it back, directly to the council, on your own terms.

Comment

Hi ya,

Thanks for the reply - I don't think the bayliff even bothered coming back after the 2nd visit as it has gone straight to a recovery / auction notice sent by the office.

Seems they are getting lazy! I've had no notice of levy on my car. I get paid this week so I'm going to speak to the council and pay them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X