• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SAR Deadline near

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAR Deadline near

A subject Access Request that I sent out is close to time up. I really don't know how much information if any at all I'm going to get back. From what I gather the next step is to report the company to the ICO. What is the protocol for the next step? Is it form filling or letter of complaint to the ICO? Is the ICO the only next step?

Any input appreciated
    If Knowledge is Power . . . . . . .Then I Could Easily Light an L.E.D
    Tags: None

Re: SAR Deadline near

Do you know if they have received your request? Have they cashed the £10 payment? Have they acknowledged your request?

If they do have your request and fail to respond there are some things you can do:
    1 - have you sent them a reminder
    2 - when the time is up it may be prudent to allow them another 10/15 days
    3 - if nothing comes you have a choice of 2 routes:
    i - file an action in the County Court for compliance
    ii - complain to the ICO about their non-compliance

I have been down this route in the past and have to say neither route is particularly quick. I elected to go the Court route as it suited my purposes better and at each Hearing more information came to light - still took a year though.

Comment

As of 6 April 2010, complaints regarding DPA infringements should be sent to the ICO. Also, with effect from the same date, the ICO has the power to inflict a Financial Penalty Notice (FPN) on an offender of up to £500,000.

You will need to go to the ICO website at Data Protection and Freedom of Information advice - ICO and download a complaint form.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Does this mean the Dounty Court route is no longer available? Do you have a link to the written authority where this is stated?

I normally receive alerts about things like this through my charity, but unless I've missed it (quite possible), I certainly haven't read lanything about it.

Thank you!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X