• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Bailiff Legislation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bailiff Legislation

Hello guys, I am making this thread as i wasnt sure what was actually happening in the new bailiff law they are making and i was wondering if there is anything put in the law against bailiff for the LIES they make up.
    I think we can all agree that most bailiffs lie and that is the biggest problem in current bailiff law and are they gonna put anything in place in the future to stop bailiff from lying? I am sure nearly all of you would have few examples but if i can give my example where the bailiff knew that i have paid my fine in full and the most he could have asked for was the £85 administration fees for sending the letter but cause he wanted to make more money he comes and knock on my door twice asking for £300 where he knew that he could not levy on anything cause the fine was paid he cant levy on anything just for his fees.
    Now is there any plan to put a clause or anything in the new legislation which would stop them from lying? cause no matter what law you make if the bailiffs can lie than they would keep stealing money from the vulnerable or from people who dont know the law as much. I was just wondering if something can be put in the new law where if the bailiff lies than he either lose his license or the case gets sent back to the company/council/court.
    Tags: None

Re: New Bailiff Legislation

Have a read of the link from Post 5 of this thread:

Bailiff industry changes proposed by Ministry of Justice - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

You might even want to respond to the consultation - a few of us have.

Comment

Thanks Labman and like our good friend here says

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      Bailiffs tell lies.
      Unless that is stopped no law or legislation can help cause they would keep on lying the way they are right now.

Comment

Originally posted by mohmmad786 View Post
        Unless that is stopped no law or legislation can help cause they would keep on lying the way they are right now.
        What may stop them is not another clause in a law that would be ignored by them, but the sure and certain knowledge that, should they obtain money by misrepresentation or some other form of fraud or criminal activity, they will be prosecuted and, when convicted, they will face severe penalties and may be gaoled.

Comment

I am not sure if anyone would agree with me on this but we should take both sides into consideration as well. I would not want the bailiff to lie and cheat but i wouldnt want a law where i am actually scared to be a bailiff(not that i would ever wanna be). We need to find the right balance where if the bailiff lies than he loses his license forever and the company he is working for should not be able to take any further action on that particular case. That way the company would make sure that they dont lose business and would direct there bailiffs to tell the truth.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X