• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

JBW Parking fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JBW Parking fees

Sorry Charity, I thought the OP had already phoned to check.

Comment

Hi All,
      Do you think this email is ok to send out?
      I was told that to retrieve my car seats i need to email JBW but so far they have failed to respond!
      I REALLY NEED Car seats because they are essential to THE KIDS SAFETY!

PLEASE REPLY
      Many Thanks
      To JBW Group,

I am writing again to ask for immediate action concerning item left in my car which was towed on 14/03/2012 in ******* Road.

These item belong mostly to the children and are essential to their safety! If you refuse to acknowledge this email asap I will pass on these email and will complain to the Civil Enforcement Association (CIVEA) and the Ministry of Justice. I believe that the Bailiff involved was in breach of CIVEA "Code of Practice" and the Ministry of Justice "National Standards for Enforcement Agents", as these items were clearly visible in the vehicle *******.

The children involve are between the ages of 6yrs-1yr and are very young and vulnerable.

The item are as follow;
      1/ 4 x children car seats
      2/ House keys
      3/ Hockey stick which does not belong to me!
      4/ A blue scooter!
      5/ A push chair
      6/ perishable food items
      7/ Various toys and clothing belonging to the children and my husband.

I look foward to you immediate response!

Comment

Where is the car? Is it still outside your house, but clamped? You do not need to ask for permission to go into it? Everything inside it belongs to you, even if the car itself has been levied upon.

What have you done today about the uncertificated bailiff?

Comment

No car got taken away!

Comment

What is on the description of goods levied then?

If it only mentions the car, they have stolen all contents. You should have been given time to empty the car before it was towed away I believe.

Comment

In view of what other LB members have posted, you need to inform the police immediately and register a complaint of theft against the bailiff and bailiff company. In view of the fact an uncertificated bailiff was used, report the car as stolen, also. Any sighting of it will lead to it being seized by the police. Also, trying to put it through a public auction will be very difficult, if not, impossible, if it is flagged as stolen.

DO NOT TAKE ANY B*****T FROM THE POLICE ABOUT IT BEING A CIVIL MATTER. IT IS NOT.
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                In view of what other LB members have posted, you need to inform the police immediately and register a complaint of theft against the bailiff and bailiff company. In view of the fact an uncertificated bailiff was used, report the car as stolen, also. Any sighting of it will lead to it being seized by the police. Also, trying to put it through a public auction will be very difficult, if not, impossible, if it is flagged as stolen.

DO NOT TAKE ANY B*****T FROM THE POLICE ABOUT IT BEING A CIVIL MATTER. IT IS NOT.
                This could be interesting! You're absolutely right BB, but whether the police will support the OP or insist it is a civil matter remains to be seen. Let's hope there's others like you were out there!

Comment

Originally posted by ALEXANDER View Post
                  Alexander. Had Jbw Round A Few Days Ago Charging Me 650 Quid To Release My Van.paid A Deposit To Get Clamp Released,balance To Follow.when I Challenged Him To See His Card He Said He Had Left It At Home.did Get His Name.when Checking On Ministry Of Justice Site,he Was Not Registered With Jbw,but With Another Firm.if This Correct Then He Is Breking The Law Because His Bond Is Not Registered With Jbw,therefor His Enforcement Is Invald. Has Anyone Got Any Advice.
                  Yes. Not only report this scumbag to the Courts, report him and JBW to the police as well for the following -

Fraud by False Misrepresentation (Sections 2(1) & 12, Fraud Act 2006)
                  Blackmail (Section 21, Theft Act 1968)

Also, find out who the creditor is and inform them of what has happened and then tell them they are vicariously liable for the scumbag and JBW's action. Tell the creditor this BEFORE you go to the police and that you will have to give their name to the police as well.

Don't take any nonsense from the police about it being a "civil matter" and insist on making a Statement of Complaint. Only threaten them with the IPCC as a very last resort.

BB

Comment

Unfortunately, Labman, a lot of the Old School coppers, like myself, have either retired, having done their 30 years' service, or are due to retire within the next few years. Threatening today's police officers with the IPCC seems to work, unless the officer involved is completely brain-dead!

Comment

Sorry, I think the original thread id getting a little confused with another thread from Alexander! Original thread is;

Originally posted by sc0211 View Post
                      I received a hand delivered letter through my door today using my maiden name which I have not used since 2008 saying a bailiff came to visit to retrieve my good for parking fines! It is from the JBW group and this is the 1st visit (with fee of course). What I don't understand is why is there an Attendance to Levy fee and Attendance to remove fee. They have never written to me about this, I was in all day and they didn't knock on the door and they haven't clamped my car???

please help

This is what has transpired since then;

Tuesday:
                      1/Phoned council to find out what the original debt amount was - £172
                      2/ Asked for PCN ref because bailiff who left letter did not quote this. In fact he didn't even sign it? This letter is the 1st time I knew of the parking fine because I looked around my house and could find no evidence that I even received a parking notice. I found 1 other pcn and this was already dealt with. (see attachment)
                      3/ Council advised me to do a Statutory Declaration out of time! So I printed this and had intention to hand deliver it the following day to TEC. Also asked the council to look at overcharging and lack of communication from JBW.
                      4/ Wrote and sent out letter Labman suggested!
                      5/ Got a txt message from JBW.(this was really weird)
                      6/ Moved my car several streets away!

Wednesday;
                      1/ Called TEC to ask for direction and they informed me that I could email them (brilliant!) and so I did.
                      2/ Received confirmation email at 11:24 from TEC
                      3/ Walked to the car and bailiff was there! Told him about Stat Dec and replied he didn't care! Asked him confirm this with his office but instead he rushed the tow truck to get there asap. (big mistake on my part, I should have lied and said "let me get my credit card!") I said I have car seats 4 in the car, don't tow the car till i move them and get help.
                      4/ Went home to get help and phoned bailiff and he says car already gone!
                      Asked to see warrant and pls explain charges and he said he will mail it to me!
                      Asked about car seat and he says I can pick it up in essex!

Comment

They have a statutory obligation to reply to the letter you sent. Once you get that you can complain about the bailiff.

The bailiff would probably have stopped had you had proof of the Stat Dec, out of time, but I guess this would be his excuse for continuing that anyone could say that.

However, if you complain to JBW, explaining what has happened and giving proof (not your only copy) of the Stat Dec, they should return your car while things are being processed. The Stat Dec will show clearly it was filed before the removal of the vehicle, so they really have little choice the way I see things, but I'm not a bailiff.

Keep us updated and obviously keep all evidence. You want a better paper trail than them.

Comment

Dear All,
                          I have now come to the conclusion that I will no longer become a victim of this unjust system and process!
                          I WILL NOT COUGH UP THE CASH TO GET MY CAR BACK!
                          I believe these people are no better than Loan Sharks who prey upon peoples vulnerability and lack of knowledge to make a profit!
                          I will keep you all updated on how I get on!
                          I will probably lose my car

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                            Yes. Not only report this scumbag to the Courts, report him and JBW to the police as well for the following -

Fraud by False Misrepresentation (Sections 2(1) & 12, Fraud Act 2006)
                            Blackmail (Section 21, Theft Act 1968)

Also, find out who the creditor is and inform them of what has happened and then tell them they are vicariously liable for the scumbag and JBW's action. Tell the creditor this BEFORE you go to the police and that you will have to give their name to the police as well.

Don't take any nonsense from the police about it being a "civil matter" and insist on making a Statement of Complaint. Only threaten them with the IPCC as a very last resort.

BB
                            THANKYOU VERY MUCH FOR THE INFO,BEFORE I GO DOWN YOUR ROUTE,HOW DO I PROVE HE IS WORKING FOR ANOTHER CO,EVEN THOUGH THE WEBSITE HE IS,THE SAID PERSON IS SEAN BOYLAN,CERTIFIED AT WATFORD COUNTY COURT,,DO I NEED TO CONTACT THE COURT FOR INFORMATION AND WHAT FORMS TO ASK FOR,OR GO TO THE MINISTRY OF JUSTICE.THE SITE SAYS HE EMPLOYED BY NEWLYLENS,BUT HE STATES HE IS WORKING FOR JBW,ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.HE IS COMING BACK FRI.15.3.12 FOR THE BALANCE,OR REMOVAL OF MY VAN.I HAVE NOW REMOVED MY VAN TO A LOCKED GARAGE SOME MILES AWAY.HOW DO I STAND LEGALLY EVEN THOUGH HE HAS PUT A NOTICE OF SEIZURE ON IT.

Comment

Originally posted by sc0211 View Post
                              Dear All,
                              I have now come to the conclusion that I will no longer become a victim of this unjust system and process!
                              I WILL NOT COUGH UP THE CASH TO GET MY CAR BACK!
                              I believe these people are no better than Loan Sharks who prey upon peoples vulnerability and lack of knowledge to make a profit!
                              I will keep you all updated on how I get on!
                              I will probably lose my car
                              Don't give up the fight. I agree with your sentiments of these leeches, but I have been where you are personally, and it is possible to come out not only the other side, but better off for it.

It is quite clear that if the bailiffs know about a Stat Dec, they should wait for the outcome of that before any further enforcement action is taken.

This bailiff has acted totally unprofessionally and should be called to account for it. If you don't want to pay for your car, then that has to be your decision, but if you can get it back free, that has to be worth fighting for.

If you want any letters writing, someone on here will pen them for you I'm sure.

Comment

Thank you Labman! You are a STAR!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X